Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-Z68X-UD3P-B3 Boot Loop After Bios Update.

ezgee

GA-Z68X-UD3P-B3 Boot Loop After Bios Update.
« on: August 21, 2014, 09:50:13 am »
I recently went about updating my BIOS via q-flash. I have a rev 1.0 version of this board and tried to update to the newest version of the BIOS before the current beta build.

After a successful flash the PC now reboots itself in a loop after reaching 'loading operating system' on the black POST screen.
I've attempted flashing to different versions from different reigons on the download list. I've also tried clearing the CMOS via the jumpers and none of these has been successful in fixing my issue.

I can still currently access BIOS menus. Is there a way to manually force the board to use the backup BIOS which i believe would be the original BIOS software?
Any other fixes welcomed as it would be pricey for me to replace this board.

dmdilks

• "If it isn't broke don't fix it"
    • http://dmdcomputerservice.webs.com/
Re: GA-Z68X-UD3P-B3 Boot Loop After Bios Update.
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2014, 12:21:30 am »
I found this on the on another forum. I want thank Mario1 who wrote it.

Ran into some problems today so I've decided to make a guide on how to kick-start the backup BIOS.

Method #1:
1. Shut your PC down (if you're reading this guide, than your PC isn't working anyways)
2. Hold the power button until the PC starts and shuts down again
3. Press the power button again, your backup BIOS should kick in now and should re-flash the main BIOS if there's anything wrong with it.

Method #2:
1. Shut your PC down
2. Hold the power AND the reset button for about 10 sec, than release.
3. Backup BIOS should kick in anytime soon now.

Method #3:
Had to use this one in order to get my 990FXA-D3 working again. Backup BIOS kicked in using method #2, but I was back to the good ol' no signal state once the procedure finished..
1. Short out pins 1 and 6 on the main BIOS chip (pin #1 should be marked with a red dot or whatever)
2. Tell a friend (or a relative) of yours to press the power on button
3. Remove the ghetto-like jumper you're holding between pins 1 and 6 as soon as you hear a beep.
4. Backup BIOS should kick in again and everything will (hopefully) be fine.

Uhm yeah, that's about it, I guess.
P.S Please bare in mind that the 3rd method should only be used if you have the following options:
Option #1 Follow my dumb advices.
Option #2 RMA the board.
X299X Aorus Master, i9-9940x-3.30Ghz, 64gb G-Skill DDR4-2400, MSI RTX-3070 8GB, Cooler Master case, Thermal-take PSU 850w, 1-M2-NMVe SSD-512gb, 3-Pny 1TB SSD, 2-WD Raptors 1TB, Win 10 pro 64bit, Asus 35" 144Mhz Monitor.