Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-H87M-D3H does not start

GA-H87M-D3H does not start
« on: July 14, 2014, 07:51:26 pm »
Hello to everybody!

Today I bought new motherboard - GA-H87M-D3H and processor Intel i5-4690. After assembling PC doesn't starting. For a few seconds(1-2s) the cooler from CPU starts to rotate, and then stops. Then everything is repeated. Don't know what to do. Does anyone know what the problem is?
I found similar problem people have. Solution - update bios, but I can't do it because system not loading even in BIOS.
PSU is working - I testen on old configuration. Model of PSU: Thermaltake Thoughtpower 700W http://www.thermaltake.com/products-model.aspx?id=C_00000884. I tested with/without RAM, videocard, HDD.
I hope to find a solution here, or at least advice what to do.

autotech

Re: GA-H87M-D3H does not start
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2014, 02:17:13 am »
F9 is the only bios out for that board and it supports your processor.  Does your keyboard and mouse light up for the short time it is on. Check to see if you bent any pins that is the most common cause of this type of problem.
GA-Z170X-UD5,Core i5-6600K,16 GIG,3200 ram ,2 X Corsair 240GB SATA III SSD, 500 gig HD,7 ult 64\, Rx-480 8gig\

Z97X-SOC GIGABYTE, I5 4670k, 16 gig 1600 ram, 240 gig sata3 SSD,1x 500HD/ R9 280x, corsair 650 RM PSU

GA-Z97X-Gaming G1,850 corsair,,DDR4 3200,240SSd,6950 video,850EVA

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2014, 11:40:18 am »
F9 is the only bios out for that board and it supports your processor.  Does your keyboard and mouse light up for the short time it is on. Check to see if you bent any pins that is the most common cause of this type of problem.
The board has no power indicator, but SSD and keyboard light up for a few seconds so power is supplied.
I'll check pins when return to home, but I think motherboard is defective. Here another new thread - http://forum.giga-byte.co.uk/index.php/topic,14786.0.html and same problem.
It seems that it is necessary get the motherboard to the service center

Szary

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2014, 09:45:50 pm »
Have you connected the 8 pin psu connector to the socket next to cpu?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 09:46:40 pm by Szary »

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2014, 01:13:02 pm »
Have you connected the 8 pin psu connector to the socket next to cpu?
Yes, all cables was connected.
The problem in motherboard. This motherboard not full compatible with this processor(at least so told me at service centers). I exchanged this motherboard to motherboard with chipset H97(and for now not from gigabyte). Works perfect!
Thanks all for advices!

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2014, 06:31:37 pm »
Hello everyone.

My machine is a new build.
Silver-stone TJ08-E Case
Corsair HX850w PSU
Gigabyte GA-H87M-D3H
i3 4360 3.7Ghz CPU
Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1600 Memory (16GB)
Using on-board Graphics

My problem is, I press power button on the front of the case, CPU fan spins up for 3 seconds then it powers off. It continually repeats this. I've checked all the connectors, moved the memory about, tried it with 1 stick in DDr3 slot 1. Only things connected to motherboard is the psu, the cpu, cpu fan and the memory. Been at it for two days. I'm out of ideas. Don't really want to do a CMOS reset because I'm thinking of sending the back to Gigabyte and don't want to void my warranty. Had the board since May and only put the system together on Sunday. A friend is bringing me a another PSU tomorrow, if that fails. Well i'm sending it back.

I did find a fault when I changed the position of the case fan connector from next to the ATX 12v to the sys fan connector next to the F_Panel connectors which stopped the machine booting at all when plugged in here. I moved it back to it's first position I had it in next to the CPU fan connector. It's baffled me.

Most forum I've been have suggested there is possibly a problem with the new Kingston HyperX Fury 1600 running on this board and I suppose you could attribute my start-up problems to do with that. If that is the case I'm very disappointed that Kingston and Gigabyte haven't issued some kind of statement on these problems. According to the information on my motherboard disc my actual bios update was from May 22 2013. This might causing problems with the new Haswell processors which my i3 is one of them. I was lead to believe Gigabyte do fantastic boards for Linux driver support. My setup is very basic and as a new customer I'm not impressed.

Bios Updates are here for the Ga-h87m-d3h if anyone is interested if you can get that far.
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4492&dl=#bios

« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 07:07:19 pm by Gudsmiles »

DaveBC

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2014, 12:13:28 pm »
Hello everyone.

My machine is a new build.
Silver-stone TJ08-E Case
Corsair HX850w PSU
Gigabyte GA-H87M-D3H
i3 4360 3.7Ghz CPU
Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1600 Memory (16GB)
Using on-board Graphics

My problem is, I press power button on the front of the case, CPU fan spins up for 3 seconds then it powers off. It continually repeats this. I've checked all the connectors, moved the memory about, tried it with 1 stick in DDr3 slot 1. Only things connected to motherboard is the psu, the cpu, cpu fan and the memory. Been at it for two days. I'm out of ideas. Don't really want to do a CMOS reset because I'm thinking of sending the back to Gigabyte and don't want to void my warranty. Had the board since May and only put the system together on Sunday. A friend is bringing me a another PSU tomorrow, if that fails. Well i'm sending it back.

I did find a fault when I changed the position of the case fan connector from next to the ATX 12v to the sys fan connector next to the F_Panel connectors which stopped the machine booting at all when plugged in here. I moved it back to it's first position I had it in next to the CPU fan connector. It's baffled me.

Most forum I've been have suggested there is possibly a problem with the new Kingston HyperX Fury 1600 running on this board and I suppose you could attribute my start-up problems to do with that. If that is the case I'm very disappointed that Kingston and Gigabyte haven't issued some kind of statement on these problems. According to the information on my motherboard disc my actual bios update was from May 22 2013. This might causing problems with the new Haswell processors which my i3 is one of them. I was lead to believe Gigabyte do fantastic boards for Linux driver support. My setup is very basic and as a new customer I'm not impressed.

Bios Updates are here for the Ga-h87m-d3h if anyone is interested if you can get that far.
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4492&dl=#bios

I have the same problems but with a Z87X-D3H.

Mine is also a new build:
Corsair Carbide Spec-01
Seasonic M12ii 520W
Gigabyte Z87X-D3H
i5 4460
G.Skill Ares 2133MHz Memory (8GB)
MSI GTX 770 Twin Frozr

This is everything I have tried:

• Unplug everything apart from the two main power cables and CPU fan.
  • Changed CPU fan.
  • Removed CPU, checked pins and everything was in order.
  • Removed motherboard from case to check that board was not shorting out on case.
  • 3 Different manufacturers of memory (crucial, g skill and patriot).
  • Positioning a single stick of memory in all 4 sockets.
  • Clear CMOS (both by onboard pins and removing battery).
  • Changed PSU.

I attached a speaker to try and get a beep code for diagnosis. This is the sound it made: http://youtu.be/y_uTxgSW_fI
I have emailed Gigabyte but I will have to wait until at least tomorrow for a reply.