Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-F2A88XN-WIFI Crash : Black screen, Nothing responds, Can't even turn it off

Hello,

I recently bought a GA-F2A88XN-WIFI motherboard, which I equipped with a A4-5300 APU and 4GB DDR3.
I've added a Sandisk Ultra II ssd and the whole configuration is enclosed in a Thermaltake Element Q case, from which I use the power supply.

Unfortunately, I've got issues with this computer. At random times, without warning, the computer stops working : the screen no longer receives a signal, neither the mouse nor keyboard can be used.

I first thought about a driver unproperly installed but I quickly realised it was a hardware fault since when the computer turns into this state I can't even turn it off by keeping pressing the power button ; the only thing I have to do is to unplug/replug the power supply connector before restarting the machine. Moreover, the crash happened both on Windows, Linux and also while booting on a USB stick.

The most similar situation I've experienced was on heavy load on a computer whose GPU required too much power and the power supply entered in safe mode. But it sounds weird that the same thing happens with my current config since my components are not power greedy and the crash may occur at any time, sometimes on load, but also in idle, and even just after the computer being turned on.

I've posted on several forums before, nobody found any solution. I hope i will get more chance here, since I'm quite sure the crash is related to the motherboard. Maybe am I not the only one to experience this.

Any adivce are welcomed, thanks.

Tiger

Gigabyte recommends on page 24 of the motherboard manual that a minimum power supply of 300 watts or greater be used. Thermaltake Element Q case, from which you use the power supply is rated at 220 watts which is well below the minimum recommended.

Some SFX power supplies are:

Silverstone ST30SF

SeaSonic SS-350SFE
1) GA-Z97X-Gaming 7, G3258,
2) GA-990FXA-UD3 Rev. 1.1, FX-8350
3) GA-AM1M-S2P, Sempron 3850 Kabini