Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-Z77-HD3 motherboard continuous beeping/blackscreen on startup. NEED HELP!!!!

i got a gaming system as an heritage, formatted hard drive, put in windows 7 ultimate x64, installed all drivers everything worked fine for a bout a month. then all of a sudden the motherboard started beeping continuously on startup, no screen, cpu fan spins for about 1 sec then stops, and then power turns off and then starts the same process over, (startup loop).

What i've tried so far;
-tried another stick of RAM(known to be good), and tried different slots
-change the cmos battery
-took out the gtx 650 video card and plug screen on intergrated video output
-unplugging dvd drive from motherboard

Nothing works, i can't even have access to the bios.

Thank you for your help in advance.

System;
Windows 7 ultimate x64
ga-z77-hd3 motherboard
intel i5-3470
nvidia geforce gtx 650 2 gb
8gb RAM
2tb hdd

dmdilks

• "If it isn't broke don't fix it"
    • http://dmdcomputerservice.webs.com/
Have you tried another PSU ? It sounds like your CPU isn't getting power.
X299X Aorus Master, i9-9940x-3.30Ghz, 64gb G-Skill DDR4-2400, MSI RTX-3070 8GB, Cooler Master case, Thermal-take PSU 850w, 1-M2-NMVe SSD-512gb, 3-Pny 1TB SSD, 2-WD Raptors 1TB, Win 10 pro 64bit, Asus 35" 144Mhz Monitor.

ill try that it and see if it works

could it be my hdd thats making all the trouble, cause i tried it on another computer and that computer also got a booting problem.  When i try to plug the hard drive in an external box, doesn't even detect and doesn't even spin.

dmdilks

• "If it isn't broke don't fix it"
    • http://dmdcomputerservice.webs.com/
If you have a bad hard drive the computer will just sit there at the bios screen. It is seeing some thing but it can't make it out.

I have had a lot of bad hard drives that I have work on. Now if you disconnect the hard drive will it boot?

When a computer boots the first thing it looks for is the CPU fan & CPU, memory, video and so on.

One thing you can try and I don't know if this is it. Unplug the CPU fan and plug in another fan to see if the computer will boot.
X299X Aorus Master, i9-9940x-3.30Ghz, 64gb G-Skill DDR4-2400, MSI RTX-3070 8GB, Cooler Master case, Thermal-take PSU 850w, 1-M2-NMVe SSD-512gb, 3-Pny 1TB SSD, 2-WD Raptors 1TB, Win 10 pro 64bit, Asus 35" 144Mhz Monitor.