Official GIGABYTE Forum

P35-DS3R Stuck at x1 PCI-E with 8800GT

P35-DS3R Stuck at x1 PCI-E with 8800GT
« on: March 13, 2010, 04:42:41 am »
My motherboard (ver 1.0) has the latest BIOS (f13) and uses all x16 lanes with a 7900GS. However, with the 8800GT it will not budge from x1. I'm not overclocking but have increased my RAM voltage by 0.2V so that my Crucial Ballistix RAM is stable.

I did a Google search and found others had similar issues with their P35 chipset boards, but the solutions listed mostly applied to different brand motherboards. I've tried tweaking the voltages of the northbridge and FSB. I've played around with the FSB speed from 90MHz to 115MHz but still no change. I did a search on this forum but didn't find anything related to this issue for my motherboard model.

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: P35-DS3R Stuck at x1 PCI-E with 8800GT
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2010, 08:39:24 am »
Hi there,

Sorry but I haven't been able to come up with a definitive answer for this problem despite a LOT of research. Like you, the only work arounds have been for other brand Mobos but they all seem to be a bit hit and miss. The only advice that I can offer at the moment, is to try the 8800GT card in another PC if possible, just to make sure that the card is not faulty as, in several cases that I have found on the internet, this has been the problem.

I will keep looking and hopefully I will come up with a solution for you.

In the meantime, someone else might be able to give some guidance as to how to resolve this.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.