Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-Z77X-UD3H-Not booting up

Simpli

GA-Z77X-UD3H-Not booting up
« on: December 01, 2014, 10:46:12 am »
Hi Guys,

When i turned on the pc, there is no beeping sound. No display. The LED error shows A6. Power supply seems to be fine, all the fans are spinning. I have re-seat all the rams and power connectors as well. Still the same. Any advice? It was working fine previously :(

Specs:

CPU: Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UD3H Rev 1.0
GPU: Sapphire HD 7770
PSU: Seasonic SS-520GM

Thanks
Simpli

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: GA-Z77X-UD3H-Not booting up
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2014, 11:45:43 am »
Hi there,

the A6 error code would usually indicate a problem being encountered when the BIOS is checking attached SCSI devices such as SSD's, Hard drives, DVD/CD writers, USB devices etc.

Have you checked the basic things, such as mouse & keyboard are OK?
Were there any noticeable issues with your Hard drives (slow performance, slower boot up times etc.,) before this problem started?
Are you using a USB Hub?
Have you added any new hardware prior to this happening?

Try removing all attached devices from the motherboard except mouse and keyboard, does this get past the A6 stop?
If it does then re-attach your devices one at a time and retest the system. If at any point the A6 error reoccurs then the last attached device is the probable cause.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

Simpli

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2014, 02:39:36 am »
Hi absic,

Thanks for replying. I have tried removing all devices except for the monitor vga display. Not using an USB hub as well. Yes, previously was using a SSD and geforce gtx 780 gpu. Tried reverting back to the previous hard drive and gpu, all goes downhill from there on.

Thanks
Simpli

dmdilks

• "If it isn't broke don't fix it"
    • http://dmdcomputerservice.webs.com/
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2014, 03:38:38 am »
The board has two bios with a switch. Turn off the computer and unplug. Switch the switch and see what happens. If you get the same thing than you have something that is connected or the board went bad. It is right next to your front panel block. 

BIOS Switch and BIOS LED Indicators
The BIOS switch (SW4) allows users to easily select a different BIOS for boot up or overclocking, helping to reduce
BIOS failure during overclocking. The LED indicator (MBIOS_LED/BBIOS_LED) shows which BIOS is active.

If it does boot then you can reflash the other bios. Let see if it will boot before we go to that step.
X299X Aorus Master, i9-9940x-3.30Ghz, 64gb G-Skill DDR4-2400, MSI RTX-3070 8GB, Cooler Master case, Thermal-take PSU 850w, 1-M2-NMVe SSD-512gb, 3-Pny 1TB SSD, 2-WD Raptors 1TB, Win 10 pro 64bit, Asus 35" 144Mhz Monitor.

Simpli

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2014, 08:46:07 am »
Hi,

I switched to the backup bios using the switch. After rebooting, i can see the Gigabyte homepage which shows options to enter Bios setup/Qflash, system information, @Bios, QFlash. I tried entering either of the 4 options but it doesn't do anything but after a couple of minutes, it restarted and doesn't display anything again. LED showing A9 this time round.

Thanks
Simpli

dmdilks

• "If it isn't broke don't fix it"
    • http://dmdcomputerservice.webs.com/
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2014, 03:22:38 pm »
What kind of keyboard that you are using? If it is a USB try a Ps2 keyboard. Maybe that will get you into the bios.
X299X Aorus Master, i9-9940x-3.30Ghz, 64gb G-Skill DDR4-2400, MSI RTX-3070 8GB, Cooler Master case, Thermal-take PSU 850w, 1-M2-NMVe SSD-512gb, 3-Pny 1TB SSD, 2-WD Raptors 1TB, Win 10 pro 64bit, Asus 35" 144Mhz Monitor.