Official GIGABYTE Forum

windows 7 Startup Repair Ofline after GIGABYTE DuelBios restore from bakcup

petara

HI
This morning when I started the PC it turned black and restarted couple of times. After that the Recovery of GIGABYTE DualBios started from the buckup, because the main Bios was damanged. Everything was done automatically without me touching anything. Then the Windiows Launched Startup repair, but did not fix the problem. Problem details StratupRepairOffline - NoRootCause.  It is telling me to take the PC to the manufactuer or system administrator and it shuts down. Do I have to change the settings of the Bios so that windows could run normally? Does the restore buck up of DualBioes means new instalation of windows 7?
I made the DVD to be the first place to read windows from. I was able to start the instalation of windows 7, but I want to fixed the problem first if it possiable.
I could go in Command prompt mode
Petar

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Hi Petar,

if the main BIOS became corrupted and has been restored automatically then all of the previous BIOS settings that have been made will revert to their default values and will need to be reset. You shouldn't need to reinstall Windows 7.

You haven't given us any hardware information or how/why the main BIOS failed, so it is difficult to offer much advice and the reason for the main BIOS becoming corrupted would be a concern to me.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

petara

Hi absic,
I do not install the Bios. I just install the Windows 7. I contacted the lady that build the hardware of the PC and asked her what change was made to the Bios and everything was sorted and the PC is running normally now.
POSIABLE CAUSE OF THE BIOS CRASH:
-50%  The previous evening  I moved The  BASE couple of times to change the audio channels at the back between speakers and headphones and the power cable might become loose and because it was hot then there was better connection. In the morning when the The BASE was cold power connection became looser and cause a short circuit that cause the BIOS to crush.
-35% During the last month the light bulbs in the premises where the PC is started to burn out more frequently and I think that the power supply of the property has became more unsecure and unregularly. During winter months people use more electricity and when the temperatures dropped even  more electricity is used and some homes become more liable to power cuts or electricity supply is weaker. It was the coldest night so far it is possible that a power cut during the night to have cause the BIOS crash as the PC was connected to the UK National GRID.
-5% internal problem with the Dual Bios
-5% virus - No unlicensed software is install on the PC and I have ESET Smart  security
-5% fan of the The Base was not working