Official GIGABYTE Forum

New RAM prevents GA-P55-USB3 from starting

dmdilks

• "If it isn't broke don't fix it"
    • http://dmdcomputerservice.webs.com/
Re: New RAM prevents GA-P55-USB3 from starting
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2015, 02:21:07 am »
Everything looks good there in the socket. The only thing you can do is try and clean the slots or get two 4gb sticks.

I have sold some stuff to a local repair shop. He ask if I would look at Gigabyte board for him GA-EP35C-DS3R. The board is in loop.

It will start and post but as soon as it goes to the next screen it will reboot and keeps doing it to shut it off. I did the same thing he did change everything on the board CPU, Memory, Video card & even updated the bios.

No luck and then I did some research and found that some of the GA-EP35C-DS3R. What the problem was the Gigabyte didn't solder the lan chip right. But the little light was on the network connection.

So it was work but it was really not there. There was no lan in the bios so you could enabled or disabled it. So once did soldering to fix it. Then the board would boot normal. He said that now he knows what the problem is he'll fix.   
X299X Aorus Master, i9-9940x-3.30Ghz, 64gb G-Skill DDR4-2400, MSI RTX-3070 8GB, Cooler Master case, Thermal-take PSU 850w, 1-M2-NMVe SSD-512gb, 3-Pny 1TB SSD, 2-WD Raptors 1TB, Win 10 pro 64bit, Asus 35" 144Mhz Monitor.

Sajber

Re: New RAM prevents GA-P55-USB3 from starting
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2015, 05:44:18 pm »
I bought some electronic cleaner and did what you said, to no effect. So, yeah...

I'm not sure I understand your last post. They didn't solder the LAN chip correctly, which affected the entirety of the board, i.e. it couldn't start at all? How would this affect me, as in not functioning properly with 4 RAM cards in all the slots, but functions just fine with only 2?