Official GIGABYTE Forum

RESOLVED: AHCI Driver not working for GA-970A-D3 Rev1.4

gwmbox

RESOLVED: AHCI Driver not working for GA-970A-D3 Rev1.4
« on: January 16, 2015, 04:32:13 am »
I am trying to rebuild my computer with the Gigabyte GA-970A-D3 board as I am installing a Samsung SSD 840 EVO, but I am having issues when I try and install the AHCI driver, it keeps coming up with an error telling me I need to get an updated driver, but there is no newer driver for me to download that I can see.

I am getting the drivers from http://www.gigabyte.com.au/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4306&dl=1#ov

This is for a Windows 7 64bit install

I have updated the BIOS to F12 hoping that would fix it, I have not tried the BETA F13 as I'd prefer not use a BETA BIOS.

So I have downloaded the AMD SATA AHCI Driver version number 1.2.1.0349 and uncompressed it onto a USB and a (spare) HDD (I have tried both).  I get to the Windows setup, hit F6, locate the W764A (also tried the LH64A) folder and then select the driver to install.  It appears to be installing fine but gets to what may be close to the end and comes up with the 'you need an updated driver' message.

I am at a loss as to what I can do to get this to work?

EDIT:  OK after several more attempts I seem to have the driver installed, no sure why but happy it is.

Now I am waiting and waiting for the Windows files to Expand, it appears to be stuck at 0% ... any ideas please

EDIT 2:  OK seems to be working now, I had to do a reformat of the SSD and so far so good.

Oh and if anyone gets an 0x80300001 error it is because the Windows Media is not in the drive :P

Please help

GW
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 05:19:14 am by gwmbox »