Official GIGABYTE Forum

Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3 problem

Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3 problem
« on: March 07, 2015, 06:33:10 pm »
This is my first post on this forum and I hope i'll get a quick response from u guys. Anyway, I have Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3 motherboard for almost 2 years. It worked perfectly until today. In the morning it restarted once. I thought it isn't a big deal and didn't worried about it. After about 30 minutes it happened again and I see that my PC is started to randomly restart. Now, after about 5 hours, it stopped restarting and now shut down. I thought that it is maybe OS problem so I reinstalled my OS (Windows 7 Ultimate x64 bit) but it happened again. Then I updated my BIOS version to F13 and its still the same. I checked my RAM and GPU and it's not problem with them, my CPU is fairly new, maybe 3 months old so I don't suspect him because his temperature is quite good, about 20,23 degrees. It shuts down but no BSOD error, no screen, nothing, like a regular shut down. Can you suggest me what to do ? This is my configuration:

MB - Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3
CPU - AMD FX-8320E
RAM - Exceleram 8GB (4x2GB) DDR3 1866 MHz
GPU - AMD Radeon HD 6790 1 GB GDDR5 256 bit
HDD - Western Digital Black Edition 1 TB 64 MB cashe memory
PSU - Chieftec 500 W
DVD - Samsung DVD/RW

« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 07:49:35 pm by filipeskic »

rinkol

Re: Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3 problem
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2015, 07:20:24 pm »
My guess is that the power supply is failing - can you read the voltages shown in the bios or otherwise measure them when the computer is running?

You could also try a memory test program that you can run off a bootable CD or flash drive (e.g., memtest86).

Also, make sure that the fans are all running and the heatsink fins are not clogged.

Robert