Official GIGABYTE Forum

GTX 970 Fan question.

GTX 970 Fan question.
« on: February 21, 2015, 02:00:14 am »
I am taking this straight from GeForce forums.

Hello!

I just recently both a whole spec and put it together myself. I lacked a proper HDMI cable, so I had to run with the integrated graphics at first.

Either way, I just now installed my GPU, which is a 970 GTX. I have noticed that one fan (the one closest to the inputs for HDMI, etc) is not running. I haven't found any system tools to check at what % the other two are running at, but it appears to be really high as it is quite loud. It is around 26 degrees Celsius, so it's not really hot or anything.

Is it supposed to be like this, or is something wrong? I haven't found any info about it running like this.

PS: I am not much of a techguy

Thanks in Advance!

Jalle64

Re: GTX 970 Fan question.
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2015, 02:23:03 pm »
I am taking this straight from GeForce forums.

Hello!

I just recently both a whole spec and put it together myself. I lacked a proper HDMI cable, so I had to run with the integrated graphics at first.

Either way, I just now installed my GPU, which is a 970 GTX. I have noticed that one fan (the one closest to the inputs for HDMI, etc) is not running. I haven't found any system tools to check at what % the other two are running at, but it appears to be really high as it is quite loud. It is around 26 degrees Celsius, so it's not really hot or anything.

Is it supposed to be like this, or is something wrong? I haven't found any info about it running like this.

PS: I am not much of a techguy

Thanks in Advance!
As far as I know its supposed to run always so I think its a RMA case for you. :(