Official GIGABYTE Forum

gigabyte ga-h55m-s2h mobo not booting up to anything on screen post code inside

i have an i5 750 2.66ghz, ocz ddr3 1333 2 x 2 gb sticks on the board. Computer starts up, cpu fan runs cpu is getting warm seems to be functioning, ram is getting warm seems to be functioning, hdd seems to function. This is a brand new computer, nothing on hdd. Nothing shows on screen upon powerup. Post gives 1 long beep and two short beeps. Phase leds 1 and 2 green, 3 orange, 4 red. Please advise.

The mobo is rev 1.0. The manual says the beeps indicate a graphics card problem. I have tried the vga and dvi outputs on the integrated, and used an nvidia pci ex GPU with dvi-out, all same results.

Also the blue power LED on the faceplate on the case blinks about 9 times, i think before the post code sounds. The case is a Apex Vortex3620 gaming mid tower.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 01:07:47 am by kugotsumin »

Kermit

From other post:

The i5 750 is a true quad core, it is not hyperthreaded. It doesn't have a graphics chip built in. It uses more power, but it is a faster processor than the i3. If you are going to use a separate graphics card, then the 750 paired with a P55 board is probably the best choice. If not, then the 530 with a H55 board.

The lack of graphics on the chip could be the answer.
http://www.intel.com/products/processor/corei5/specifications.htm