Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-P55A-UD3 won't post

GA-P55A-UD3 won't post
« on: April 22, 2010, 02:13:12 pm »
Just assembled a system with a GA-P55A-UD3 motherboard, i5 750 processor, g.skill ddr3 memory (F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ), 8800GT, and an Antec Truepower II 550W psu.

The system won't post with 2 sticks of ram, or a single stick of ram in slot 1 or 3 (haven't tried 2 or 4 yet, but the manual said that single sticks should be in slot 1).

Upon hitting the power button, the phase LEDs light up for a fraction of a second and sometimes the CPU fan will rotate a step or two. Case fans and video card fans to not rotate. The system has never POSTed.

I'm looking for a case speaker (P180 cases don't have them) to hook up so I can listen for beep codes, but in the meanwhile, does anyone have any ideas? I read a few posts where this particular error was corrected by connecting the 2x2 or 2x4 pin motherboard power, but this is already connected with the 2x2 pin connector.

I'm at a bit of a loss here.

Re: GA-P55A-UD3 won't post
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2010, 03:13:23 pm »
I removed the motherboard, and was able to POST outside of the case. I re-installed the components into the case but this time torqued the bolts a bit tighter, and was able to post in the case.

MYSTERY SOLVED!