Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA Z87X-D3H new built, turns on for few seconds then turns off

Hi,

I am just new on this forum, I just built a desktop from scratch but when I turn the power button it turns on for a few seconds then turns off. I disconnected all the hardware, cpu, ram, ssd, hard drive and only the motherboard itself connected to power supply and power button and power led from the case also connected also the same issue turns on then off. I was thinking that maybe it is the Power supply that is having a problem so I borrowed a power supply from my son's desktop, but still giving the same problem. So, I came up to a conclusion that it is a motherboard problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Re: GA Z87X-D3H new built, turns on for few seconds then turns off
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2015, 11:38:35 am »
Hi, have you tried to look under the motherboard itself? perhaps something is sorting out your motherboard like a standoff, or a screw.

dmdilks

• "If it isn't broke don't fix it"
    • http://dmdcomputerservice.webs.com/
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2015, 01:02:57 pm »
Look at the CPU socket to make sure you don't have any bent pins. The other thing is you might have to update the bios too. When you boot only use one stick of memory too.
X299X Aorus Master, i9-9940x-3.30Ghz, 64gb G-Skill DDR4-2400, MSI RTX-3070 8GB, Cooler Master case, Thermal-take PSU 850w, 1-M2-NMVe SSD-512gb, 3-Pny 1TB SSD, 2-WD Raptors 1TB, Win 10 pro 64bit, Asus 35" 144Mhz Monitor.

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2015, 01:46:32 pm »
Look at the CPU socket to make sure you don't have any bent pins. The other thing is you might have to update the bios too. When you boot only use one stick of memory too.
Hi,

I tried your advise to check if there is any bent pins, seemed that there are few and tried to straightened as i could. I plug it again with only motherboard and no hardware installed except the front panel powerswitch and power led connectors. Pressed the power button but now it is blinking continuosly. What does that mean? Thanks

dmdilks

• "If it isn't broke don't fix it"
    • http://dmdcomputerservice.webs.com/
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2015, 03:29:34 pm »
You do have the CPU & one stick of memory in installed. On the pins they have to be perfect and can't be touch each other too. Where did you buy the board? Was it sealed or has it been open before?
X299X Aorus Master, i9-9940x-3.30Ghz, 64gb G-Skill DDR4-2400, MSI RTX-3070 8GB, Cooler Master case, Thermal-take PSU 850w, 1-M2-NMVe SSD-512gb, 3-Pny 1TB SSD, 2-WD Raptors 1TB, Win 10 pro 64bit, Asus 35" 144Mhz Monitor.