Official GIGABYTE Forum

Need Help: Gigabyte Z87X-OC Force. PC does not start

Need Help: Gigabyte Z87X-OC Force. PC does not start
« on: May 05, 2015, 11:00:36 am »
Hallo everyone,
I really need your help, I spent the whole last two days trying to find the problem but I coud not.
I am building my first PC, as following:

CPU: i7-4790
MB: Gigabyte Z87X-OC Force
PSU: Corsair CS550M
RAM: 2 x 4GB Corsiar Vengeance 1600 Mhz.
Case: Corsair Carbide 300R.

I connect everything according to instruction but the PC does not start, and I am not sure what the problem is. I check the Power Switch on the front panel of my case but I could not find any problem with it. I also checked all other connections and switches but everything looks fine. I could only think of the following reasons:

According to Gigabyte instructions, there are three power connectors on the motherboard: ATX_12V_2X4 (8 Pin); ATX_12V (4 Pin); and ATX (24 Pin). From my corsair PSU, I only have the ATX and the ATX_12V_2X4 connectors, which I connect accordingly. I am missing the ATX_12V (4 Pin). The only available cables have either SATA power connector or the 6 pin PCI Express power connector. I try to attach the 6 Pin cable in the ATX_12V (4 Pin) in both orientations, but it did not work at all.

Is this is the problem? Do I need both ATX_12V_2X4 (8 Pin) and ATX_12V (4 Pin), so my computer can start. If yes, any suggestions on how to solve that given the limited options I have from my Corsair PSU.

Note: If I use the Onboard Buttons of the motherboard, I found that, by clicking the OC Ignition button (OC_IGNITION) and then the Power button (PW_SW), the PC start, but no signal from my graphic card; leds (one in the middle of MB, the Gear, power, and OC_IGNITION are all in orange) are on, all fans work including the CPU fan, the CPU is onbut I obtain no signal from my graphic card.

I have also tested the motherboard with new Power supply unit, and also with another Intel Processor i5-4570, but still nothing.

So, I do not understand what is the problem here. Is there something wrong with my motherboard?

I really need help here. I cannot return the motherboard since I got it as a present long time ago, and only now I was able to get some budget to build my first computer, but it seems I lost all the budget I have for nothing.

Please Help!!!!
Thanks in advanced

Tiger

Re: Need Help: Gigabyte Z87X-OC Force. PC does not start
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2015, 04:50:02 pm »
Powering on the motherboard with a 6 pin PCI Express power connector attached in the ATX_12V (4 Pin) in both orientations likely damaged the motherboard. You may want to take in the board for repairs.
1) GA-Z97X-Gaming 7, G3258,
2) GA-990FXA-UD3 Rev. 1.1, FX-8350
3) GA-AM1M-S2P, Sempron 3850 Kabini