Official GIGABYTE Forum

I'm having FPS issues since I updated Bios and Drivers, please help! Z87X-D3H-CF

Operating System
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
CPU
Intel Core i5 4670K @ 3.40GHz 34 °C
Haswell 22nm Technology
RAM
8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz (11-11-11-28)
Motherboard
Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. Z87X-D3H-CF (SOCKET 0) 28 °C
Graphics
DELL IN1910N (1366x768@60Hz)
1023MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti (EVGA) 33 °C
Storage
698GB Seagate ST3750528AS ATA Device (SATA) 38 °C
Optical Drives
ASUS DRW-24B1ST i ATA Device
Audio
NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device (Wave Extensible) (WDM)

Note: The only reason I flashed to begin with because I was getting random blue screens for the past year and nothing seemed wrong aside from my bios being out of date, supposedly support for my cpu didn't even start until f7 but I'm uncertain...

Yesterday I updated my Bios to version F9 (from F5) and things seem normal for the most part, temps are okay, cpu usage seems normal, etc etc. But once I get into some games (Heroes of the Storm for example) my FPS is lower than it used to be. On games I'd get 60+ fps, now seem to tank to 40-50, it's odd. Games that rely more on my CPU seem to run okay, Counter Strike: Global Offensive being one of them, but even in that I've gone from 200+ fps to 100-200ish which is still obviously okay and I don't notice it but.. I still shouldn't be dropping like this.

I've done a clean install of my GPU drivers, tried older drivers, no dice. Made sure temps are okay. Scanned for Viruses/Malware once more. Reset mobo to optimized defaults, etc.

I used Appcenter or whatever to flash my bios and install latest drivers (minus the onboard video ones since I don't use the onboard video..)

What should I do? If I need to flash to an older Bios, which one? If I need to uninstall drivers and use older ones.. I don't really know what to get rid of, but I do still have the CD my Motherboard came with.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 07:32:20 pm by HeroshiPC »

As an update: I uninstalled what drivers were in add/remove programs and reinstalled things from the CD with reboots of course, doesn't seem to have changed anything.