Official GIGABYTE Forum

990FXA UD3 Rev. 4.0: MB takes forever to react after power on

So just from one day to another, my mb started having this Problem. When I hit the power on button, everything that has some lighting or fans starts to go on, (WaterPump, GPU, HDD) but it takes about 10 seconds till the onboard speaker makes its typical "beep" and only after then the screen goes on so i can get into the BIOS. Even after a system restart out of the OS it is the same. It shuts down then every light goes on but it still takes 10 secs for the motherboard to react.
So I was sure it couldn't have to do with the OS and Drives but just to be sure i disconnected them and still the same Problem.
I also swapped my RAM in all variations to be sure it isn't the RAM.
I also tested the BIOS settings, set them all to factory settings, tried XMP on/off, CPU unlock on/off, and everything that could relate to the problem. Nothing changed.

Before the problem it just took about 1 to 2 seconds for the MB to react and start the boot process.

When this happened i was still on the F2 Bios-version, so I flashed the F3 Bios via Q- Flash. Still no difference.

My Processor is an FX 8320. I never really overclocked it that much and lately I've only had it at stock speeds, so I doubt it has taken damage from overclocking.
Also if the system has booted up and I'm into Windows everything just works fine.

Also on my MB:
2 R9 270X ( with one allone the problem was the same)

TP-Link. Wireless Lan Card(PCI E)

Samsung 840Series Evo 250GB SSD

1TB Seagate HDD

850W Xilence PSU.

I really tried to find sth. here on forums, but everthing had to do with boot stuff and SSDs/HDDs.
Could this also be caused by a faulty PSU or CPU, or is this just a mb thing?

P.S. I noticed i can not overclock my CPU out of the BIOS now, even if CPU unlock is Enabled. If i hit the enter on the multiplyer or Baseclock speed nothing happens. There is no option to change the clockspeeds. Maybe it is related to my problem?!?!

I haven't swapped my PSU and CPU yet, because it isn't that easy to get these for me. And if there is a known solution, I would be happy not to disassemble my whole pc. But if necessary I will do and let any of you know what i found out.

So please help me guys. I don't know what to do. If further information required just ask and I will post it.

dmdilks

• "If it isn't broke don't fix it"
    • http://dmdcomputerservice.webs.com/
Re: 990FXA UD3 Rev. 4.0: MB takes forever to react after power on
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2015, 01:48:40 pm »
Have you tried to re-seat your CPU. When the computer boots it looks for you CPU, Memory & Video card. You said you already tried the video cards, but did you just try to boot with a card in the 2nd video slot?

It sounds like it is something between the CPU & MB. You said that now you even having problem with OC-ing.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 01:49:23 pm by dmdilks »
X299X Aorus Master, i9-9940x-3.30Ghz, 64gb G-Skill DDR4-2400, MSI RTX-3070 8GB, Cooler Master case, Thermal-take PSU 850w, 1-M2-NMVe SSD-512gb, 3-Pny 1TB SSD, 2-WD Raptors 1TB, Win 10 pro 64bit, Asus 35" 144Mhz Monitor.

AgentFXA

• none
Re: 990FXA UD3 Rev. 4.0: MB takes forever to react after power on
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2015, 07:10:47 am »
Do not unlock the CPU coz this mobo got a problem with that like erratic booting/shutdown - this CPU is unlocked by design hence no unlock bios setting needed.

I would pull the battery, flush the bios (jumper), then put battery back in and boot into bios loading defaults etc...
Leave all on auto/XMP settings and see how it fares.
X570 Aorus Elite Wifi / Ryzen 2700x / Gigabyte Radeon RX 7900 XT Gaming OC 20G Graphics Card / 16 GB HyperX Predator 3200 / SeaSonic 850W / Tt View 71 TG / Win10x64