Official GIGABYTE Forum

EP45-UD3L - Fan always spins at max speed

EP45-UD3L - Fan always spins at max speed
« on: March 19, 2010, 02:45:23 pm »
Hi,

My MB is EP45-UD3L ICH10/rev.1.0.
BIOS version 6.0, though I'm not sure of it.

From the moment I turn the computer on, the CPU fan speeds to it's maximum speed, and doesn't stop or slow down.
The temperatures are perfectly normal. The fan is connected well.

This is a new MB. I've been using it for no more then a month, and it's been like this since day 1.
The fan, a Thermaltake Blue Orb, has worked fine with my previous MB, which was also from Gigabyte.

How can I fix this?
How can I just manually control the fan speed? (yes, I would like to slow it down manually)
I've tried software such as SpeenFan, but it doesn't effect the fan in any way.

Re: EP45-UD3L - Fan always spins at max speed
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2010, 02:28:36 pm »
I have a X58a-UD7 water-cooled, and would also like to know how to control the fan speeds from the Bios? I'm more interested in the system fan control, not CPU. Can anyone point me in the right direction; I can't see anything in the manual or on-line.

Are certain fan headers locked to full speed? The Bios only has options for CPU control that I can see, are the system and fan speeds linked? My system fans are all 3-pin so are variable, and the BIOS is F6.

Sorry if this seems like a silly question, but I'm a recent convert from ASUS and this is my first Gigabyte board so am not familiar with the BIOS.

To 'happy smiley' you can set the fan speed to auto in the BIOS, you cannot set in to a fixed manual speed but you can set it to control the fan speed based on CPU temperature. Does your CPU fan cable have 3 or 4 pins, if its 3 set the speed control method to Voltage, if its 4 set it to PMW. It may be that your board is not detecting your fan as the correct type thus cannot control the speed.

Hope this helps.