Official GIGABYTE Forum

Strange issue with new motherboard - Help!

Strange issue with new motherboard - Help!
« on: July 19, 2015, 10:26:57 am »
Hi.

I seem to be having an issue with my new motherboard. The issue is that as Windows is loading and the Windows logo is coming on the screen, if I press the power button in (not holding, just a single press) whilst the Windows logo is on the screen, immediately after the logo disappears I get a Blue Screen error and the system fails to boot then I get the error - find the picture attached to see the Blue screen error. If I don't press the power button in then the system boots normally and seems to run fine, I only stumbled accross this problem by accident and everything has been working flawlessly as far as I can tell besides this. I've reinstalled Windows several times using different HDDs and SSDs to install to but this makes no difference and performed a BIOS update to the latest BIOS Version just in case. I don't know what else could cause this to happen other than the motherboard? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Rob

dmdilks

• "If it isn't broke don't fix it"
    • http://dmdcomputerservice.webs.com/
Re: Strange issue with new motherboard - Help!
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2015, 01:10:10 pm »
First of all you shouldn't stop windows from loading. If want to stop it you hold the power button in till the computer shuts down. When the Logo screen comes up at that point windows starts to load drivers. Plus that is when windows goes from VGA to SVGA. Why do you want to that.

Windows is loading and you are stopping it in the middle of loading something. That error is telling you that the Registry is corrupt, system files can get damaged. We have enough problems with windows without trying to make your own problems.  :D

X299X Aorus Master, i9-9940x-3.30Ghz, 64gb G-Skill DDR4-2400, MSI RTX-3070 8GB, Cooler Master case, Thermal-take PSU 850w, 1-M2-NMVe SSD-512gb, 3-Pny 1TB SSD, 2-WD Raptors 1TB, Win 10 pro 64bit, Asus 35" 144Mhz Monitor.

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2015, 01:22:39 pm »
Thanks for your reply.

I guess I am just wondering if this could be an indication of a hardware fault that could hit me harder later down the line? As if so I'd rather get it sorted now instead of waiting for it to get worse. On other computers if I press the power button Windows loads normally without any errors at all and this is the first time I have experienced this issue. Perhaps it is just this motherboard I just think that it shouldn't be doing it hence asking  ;) Any other ideas or advice, besides not pressing the button?  :P

Rob

dmdilks

• "If it isn't broke don't fix it"
    • http://dmdcomputerservice.webs.com/
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2015, 02:18:28 pm »
Perhaps it is just this motherboard I just think that it shouldn't be doing it hence asking  ;) Any other ideas or advice, besides not pressing the button?  :P
Rob

My Advice is don't press the power button. Plus 99% of the people out will tell you the same thing sorry. You are the 1st person in 30 yrs of working on computers to come across  something like this. Other than that I don't know what to tell you.
X299X Aorus Master, i9-9940x-3.30Ghz, 64gb G-Skill DDR4-2400, MSI RTX-3070 8GB, Cooler Master case, Thermal-take PSU 850w, 1-M2-NMVe SSD-512gb, 3-Pny 1TB SSD, 2-WD Raptors 1TB, Win 10 pro 64bit, Asus 35" 144Mhz Monitor.

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2015, 02:37:09 pm »
Right okay thanks for the advice. So you'd say this isnt a hardware issue and I don't really need to be worrying?

Thanks again
Rob

shadowsports

• Xbox One, Drives STI, Use QVL RAM For Best Results
    • Gigabyte US
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2015, 05:46:36 pm »
Rob,
There is nothing wrong with your system, but there will be if you continue to abuse the power button, pull the cord from the wall or do things intentionally to make it fail.

This is best equated to a guy who drives down the freeway and pulls the emergency brake, just for a second to see what happens?  Enjoy your PC, and don't torture it.   ;)
Z390 AORUS PRO (F10) \850w, 9900K, 32GB GSkill TriZ RGB - 16-18-18-38, RTX 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra, 960 Pro_m.2, W11
Z370-HD3P (F5) \750w, 8350K, 8GB LPX 3200 - 16-18-18-38, GTX 970 FTW SC, Intel SSD, 2TB RAID1, W11
Z97X-UD5H \850w, 4790K, 32GB Vengeance, RTX 2080 FTW

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2015, 05:49:13 pm »
Haha Thank you both for putting me at ease, much appreciated. I guess I'll stop pressing the power button  ;)

Rob