Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-X99-Gaming 7 WIFI - bios update - problem

GA-X99-Gaming 7 WIFI - bios update - problem
« on: December 20, 2014, 08:30:11 am »

Hello,

I got a GA-X99-Gaming 7 WIFI . I seen 2 new bios updates so i thought lets hit one. My mobo had F3 bios so i went for F5 from the in OS application. Bios went fine it asked the system to reboot after. After the reboot the system shuts down right after the post to enter bios. You cant do anything there not even Qflash.

I switch to the other bios everything seems fine it boots but you can not enter the bios by pressing delete. You end up in a black screen thing is my boot drive is an SSD raid so when i go to the other bios it wont see my drivers as raid and i can not enter the bios to set up the ports as raid.

Is there a way to fix the former bios or make the 1st bios enter bios ?

Please help !!

autotech

Re: GA-X99-Gaming 7 WIFI - bios update - problem
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2014, 12:29:57 pm »
A few things here. NEVER flash bios from within windows. Always use a USB formatted in fat32 and do it from bios menu.

There is a special place to enter questions about x99 boards might want to post there also.

http://forum.giga-byte.co.uk/index.php?board=58.0

Method #1:
 1. Shut your PC down (if you're reading this guide, than your PC isn't working anyways)
 2. Hold the power button until the PC starts and shuts down again
 3. Press the power button again, your backup BIOS should kick in now and should re-flash the main BIOS if there's anything wrong with it.

Method #2:
 1. Shut your PC down
 2. Hold the power AND the reset button for about 10 sec, than release.
 3. Backup BIOS should kick in anytime soon now.

Method #3:
 Had to use this one in order to get my 990FXA-D3 working again. Backup BIOS kicked in using method #2, but I was back to the good ol' no signal state once the procedure finished..
 1. Short out pins 1 and 6 on the main BIOS chip (pin #1 should be marked with a red dot or whatever)
 2. Tell a friend (or a relative) of yours to press the power on button
 3. Remove the ghetto-like jumper you're holding between pins 1 and 6 as soon as you hear a beep.
 4. Backup BIOS should kick in again and everything will (hopefully) be fine.
GA-Z170X-UD5,Core i5-6600K,16 GIG,3200 ram ,2 X Corsair 240GB SATA III SSD, 500 gig HD,7 ult 64\, Rx-480 8gig\

Z97X-SOC GIGABYTE, I5 4670k, 16 gig 1600 ram, 240 gig sata3 SSD,1x 500HD/ R9 280x, corsair 650 RM PSU

GA-Z97X-Gaming G1,850 corsair,,DDR4 3200,240SSd,6950 video,850EVA

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2015, 03:24:38 pm »
The new bios must be buggy. I did send my motherboard to the shop that i bought it and it was working just fine. I read online some solution to my problem.

in the end  seems like HDD had to be removed once i did this the motherboard just booted up and went in bios as normal . Once i put HDD back i get a black screen at bios as well.

In the end the flash from OS was fine its just the bios that its buggy.

The HDDs (raid) work fine you just cant enter bios wehn they are installed

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2015, 05:44:38 pm »
I got +2 drivers on an docking station using them as external drivers. They wont let my pc boot i have to open the docking station once i hit the OS . (hope this is going to get fixed as well)

It seems they are going to fix the problem in the new bios 8c (beta atm).

I hope they are going to add support for samsung 950 pro Nvme driver as  well  ;D
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 05:49:14 pm by ToXic_Chaos »