Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-Z87X OC FORCE Motherboard Fan is TOO LOUD. how to stop it.

GA-Z87X OC FORCE Motherboard Fan is TOO LOUD. how to stop it.
« on: September 16, 2015, 04:46:22 pm »
I have this noise problem with my motherboard, it was always a little bit noisy but it got louder recently. The fan I'm talking about is in the water cooling loop (I'm not using it tho, and the fan is still spinning and it's causing noise). I want to turn it off, but I don't know how. Any ideas on how to turn it off using software, or perhaps BIOS?

dmdilks

• "If it isn't broke don't fix it"
    • http://dmdcomputerservice.webs.com/
Re: GA-Z87X OC FORCE Motherboard Fan is TOO LOUD. how to stop it.
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2015, 05:18:57 pm »
Just follow the wire to the plug and unplug it. If it is plugged into the CPU plug port then go into the bios and you should be able turn it down. One other thing is go to your book and on page 49 & 50 it will tell you how to set the fans.
X299X Aorus Master, i9-9940x-3.30Ghz, 64gb G-Skill DDR4-2400, MSI RTX-3070 8GB, Cooler Master case, Thermal-take PSU 850w, 1-M2-NMVe SSD-512gb, 3-Pny 1TB SSD, 2-WD Raptors 1TB, Win 10 pro 64bit, Asus 35" 144Mhz Monitor.

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2015, 05:36:43 pm »
& Reset Case Open Status
Disabled Keeps or clears the record of previous chassis intrusion status. (Default)
Enabled Clears the record of previous chassis intrusion status and the Case Open field will show
"No" at next boot.
& Case Open
Displays the detection status of the chassis intrusion detection device attached to the motherboard CI
header. If the system chassis cover is removed, this field will show "Yes", otherwise it will show "No". To
clear the chassis intrusion status record, set Reset Case Open Status to Enabled, save the settings to
the CMOS, and then restart your system.
& CPU Vcore/CPU VRIN/CPU VCCIOA/DRAM Voltage/+3.3V/+5V/+12V/CPU VAXG
Displays the current system voltages.
& CPU/System/PCH Temperature
Displays current CPU/System/Chipset temperature.
& CPU/CPU OPT/System Fan Speed
Displays current CPU/CPU_OPT/system fan (SYS_FAN1~SYS_FAN5) speeds.
& CPU/System Warning Temperature
Sets the warning threshold for CPU/system temperature. When CPU/system temperature exceeds
the threshold, BIOS will emit warning sound. Options are: Disabled (default), 60oC/140oF, 70oC/158oF,
80oC/176oF, 90oC/194oF.
& CPU/CPU OPT/System Fan Fail Warning (CPU, CPU OPT, and SYS_FAN1~SYS_FAN5)
Allows the system to emit warning sound if the fan is not connected or fails. Check the fan condition or fan
connection when this occurs. (Default: Disabled)
& CPU Fan Speed Control (CPU_FAN Connector)
Allows you to determine whether to enable the fan speed control function and adjust the fan speed.
Normal Allows the fan to run at different speeds according to the CPU temperature. You can adjust
the fan speed with EasyTune based on your system requirements. (Default)
Silent Allows the fan to run at slow speeds.
BIOS Setup - 50 -
Manual Allows you to control the fan speed under the Slope PWM item.
Disabled Allows the fan to run at full speeds.
& Slope PWM
Allows you to control the fan speed. This item is configurable only when CPU Fan Speed Control is set
to Manual. Options are: 0.75 PWM value /oC ~ 2.50 PWM value /oC.
& CPU OPT Fan Speed Control (CPU_OPT Connector)
Allows you to determine whether to enable the fan speed control function and adjust the fan speed.
Normal Allows the fan to run at different speeds according to the CPU temperature. You can adjust
& Slope PWM
Allows you to control the fan speed. This item is configurable only when CPU OPT Fan Speed Control is
set to Manual. Options are: 0.75 PWM value /oC ~ 2.50 PWM value /oC.
& 1st System Fan Speed Control (SYS_FAN1 Connector)
Normal Allows the fan to run at different speeds according to the system temperature. You can adjust
& Slope PWM
Allows you to control the fan speed. This item is configurable only when 1st System Fan Speed Control
is set to Manual. Options are: 0.75 PWM value /oC ~ 2.50 PWM value /oC.
& 2nd System Fan Speed Control (SYS_FAN2 Connector)
Normal Allows the fan to run at different speeds according to the system temperature. (Default)
& Slope PWM
Allows you to control the fan speed. This item is configurable only when 2nd System Fan Speed Control
& 3rd System Fan Speed Control (SYS_FAN3 Connector)
Normal Allows the fan to run at different speeds according to the system temperature. (Default)
& Slope PWM
Allows you to control the fan speed. This item is configurable only when 3rd System Fan Speed Control

I have no clue what is what here honestly. I think all of these are CPU related.

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2015, 06:17:13 pm »
Last post is a wall of text I'm not going to read. Not sure if it's a question or a answer, but to control a case fan speed it needs to be PWM ( 4 pin).