Official GIGABYTE Forum

Issue with Z97N-WIFI mITX mobo won't power on.

Issue with Z97N-WIFI mITX mobo won't power on.
« on: November 02, 2015, 10:59:26 pm »
Not sure what is going on at this point. Recently put together a Corsair 250D and I'm having some issues. I'll start with the ASRock H97 mITX which has a defective second memory slot and the wifi antennas won't tighten down so it will be getting RMA'd. I've got a lot of parts around for different projects to include a brand new Gigabyte Z97N which I tried last night. It turned on once, then off and wouldn't turn back on again. So I put the ASRock back in since I knew it was working minus the 2nd DIMM slot. Fired right up. Took the Gigabyte back today to local store for a new one thinking it was bad. The second one won't turn on at all either.   I've tried the 2nd board now with 2 known working power supply's outside of the case and inside nothing. I've ruled out the front panel power header on the case as well.
CPU is a i5 4590 with Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB 1600. Tried all this with just one stick to start. Been running fine on the ASRock board for a little over 2 months, till I noticed the bad 2nd DIMM slot. Which is why I purchased the Gigabyte board but it will not power on at all.  Thoughts?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 11:07:54 pm by maclem8223 »