Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA 990FXA UD3 pc speaker random startup continuious beep?

GA 990FXA UD3 pc speaker random startup continuious beep?
« on: November 05, 2015, 11:25:48 am »
some times when I start up my computer my pc speaker constantly beeps a tone until windows is loaded.

It its like the startup beep to indicate post is good does not turn off and it stays beeping all the way until I reboot or until windows is loaded.

I have seen this problem listed on the net on other sites and the suggestion was to check the case intrusion setting in bios and disable it but mine is disabled. I have also tryied to placed a jumper on the pins on the motherboard to bridge the switch as I don't have a case tamper switch on my computer.

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: GA 990FXA UD3 pc speaker random startup continuious beep?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2015, 05:38:09 pm »
Just a thought, have you checked the temperature warning settings and other CPU warnings in BIOS? This kind of beeping could be caused by the settings for CPU fan or something like that and the motherboard thinking the CPU fan has failed as it doesn't start until the CPU warms up a bit.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

Re: GA 990FXA UD3 pc speaker random startup continuious beep?
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2015, 02:43:59 am »
I have a water cooling kit with pump plugged into the cpu fan header and my processor is allways under 27 degrees even at full load.

The temp warning is set to 60 degrees.

I did notice that if you set the core unlocker in bios you are unable to read the core temp of the cpu cores from cpuid but this did not seem to change the beeping problem when you turn on the core unlocker function.