Official GIGABYTE Forum

Do not update bios with QFLASH from Windows

reeven

Do not update bios with QFLASH from Windows
« on: July 08, 2016, 04:23:33 pm »
On one of my boards, 990fxaud3 rev4, last year i tried newer bios, f3 bios to update from windows.
I tried that and was ok many times. When qflash started to write the new bios screen freeze few seconds, mouse was laggy...thank god it flash it ok.
Today, i tried to downgrade F4a bios to F2, because from the moment i click Start on my PC till win10 screen appear i have 1 minute.
Well, this time with qflash from windows, bios get erased and at that moment nvidia display recovery appear on scren, then my monitor gone to sleep.
After i shutdown pc and start again recovery bios appear, it flash again first bios with recovery F2 and all are well.

After that i put F4a bios on an usb stick and use Qflash from bios to update( press F8 inside bios, with bios on an usb stick fat32).

All are ok now. I think that this problem appear because i change gpu, from AMD 280x to GTX690 nvidia, and maybe Qflash is not optimised for WIn10.

So conclusion, DO NOT UPDATE BIOS FROM QFLASH WINDOWS.

EDIT: when monitor enter sleep because nvidia display recovered, i notice just now that it was an bluescreen:
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREAnvlddmkm.sys   nvlddmkm.sys+1e162c         
but no bluscreen appear, only my monitor enter sleep.

« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 04:28:22 pm by reeven »