Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA890FXA UD5 Rev2.1 WILL NOT ENTER BIOS

GA890FXA UD5 Rev2.1 WILL NOT ENTER BIOS
« on: December 01, 2015, 03:50:30 pm »
I have run my machine for ages with no issues, made no changes , but today I wanted to enter the bios to disable the Marvell controller so shorten boot ,no other real reasons. The machine runs fine every day otherwise.
I have win7 x64 Ultimate, Thuban 1090T BE@3.9gz, 16gb Gskill 1600 ,128gb crucial m4ssd, 2WD caviar black 1tb 7200rpm hard drives and a 750antec pure power psu,just 1 EAH5870 v2 and just one monitor now, samsung 26" 260p hd -- no issues have arisen in months.
I try to enter bios(F6) and get the black screen with the blinking cursor in the top left.
I have read what is available via google and here but get no information that seems pertinent to my issue.
i did the mem test 86 with no errors and i have no other indicators of hardware trouble as i use the thing every day. just haven t needed to enter bios in a while, month or 2 maybe. it was just as normal then.
if anyone has any ideas  I'd appreciate them. otherwise i will just need to clear CMOS and pull things out and put back in and hope for magic results.
thanks
john