Official GIGABYTE Forum

Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 - no output from rear audio socket

Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 - no output from rear audio socket
« on: December 16, 2015, 10:24:54 am »
Hi all.
New owner of the above motherboard which was working well until yesterday. Installed a new GTX970 graphics card and since then the rear audio out jack is dead. The sound control panel for playback shows audio on teat to the Realtek Audio Speakers, but no output. Have reinstalled drivers and get a message "Device SWD\MMDEVAPI\{0.0.0.00000000}.{dcf6596d-5738-4ec7-8b70-db5f01fe0731} could not be migrated" in the device manager entry for this output. The "device is working properly" message is also there however.

Obviously hoping not a motherboard fault. BIOS version 8 in place.

Any thoughts?

Charlie C

dmdilks

• "If it isn't broke don't fix it"
    • http://dmdcomputerservice.webs.com/
Re: Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 - no output from rear audio socket
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2015, 01:19:12 pm »
I would uninstall everything from control panel (Programs & Features) and even in device manager too. Then give it a try reinstalling the drivers. If this is windows 10 here is a link:

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10-insider-preview/314989-7.htm
X299X Aorus Master, i9-9940x-3.30Ghz, 64gb G-Skill DDR4-2400, MSI RTX-3070 8GB, Cooler Master case, Thermal-take PSU 850w, 1-M2-NMVe SSD-512gb, 3-Pny 1TB SSD, 2-WD Raptors 1TB, Win 10 pro 64bit, Asus 35" 144Mhz Monitor.

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2015, 09:53:13 am »
Thanks for the info. Have tried that without success. The difference between this issue and that in the linked article is that it was working until I replaced the graphics card, no change of graphics drivers needed. I have since noticed that the ennumeration of the audio devices  has duplicates so following up on this.

Thanks

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2015, 12:47:59 pm »
UPDATE:

Again went back to 'first principles' and replaced the frivers from the installation disk. Utter catastrophe as I now get the "This driver cannot release to failure" message. Have uninstalled the App centre which some posters consider the culprit here but it still happens on reboot. Nothing in the start menu appears relevant.
Have seen a Smilinfo mentioned in the failure message detail and cannot find any reference to this anywhere.

I have installed Gigabyte motherboards in many desktops in the past, but this one and the lack of response or help from Gigabyte is most definitely changing my opinion of them.

I have seen many posts on here which are left hanging without an answer for the poster. This is surely not acceptable in the modern era.