Official GIGABYTE Forum

RAID after AHCI?

HJ

RAID after AHCI?
« on: April 04, 2010, 11:31:54 pm »
On a GA-P55A-UD3 here's my dilemma:

Installed the board with a single Intel SSD and WIn 7, after setting the "PCH SATA Control Mode" to AHCI as recommended on Newegg.  SSD was on SATA2_0.  Win 7 installation went fine, all well, did not need to add any drivers during installation.  Then added a 1TB data disk on GSATA_6.  All still fine.  Then took a RAID pair of disks from another machine and installed them on SATA2_1 and SATA2_2.  BIOS recognized both disks, BUT Win 7 sees only one. (I disconnect one of the pair and Win 7 looks the same.)  Then I try changing the "PCH SATA Control Mode" to RAID(XHD).  I could get into the RAID setup by CTRL-I, both new disks were listed.  So just for fun I tried leaving them non-RAID and trying to boot, but the machine would not boot.  If I change back to AHCI, the system boots, but, of course, no RAID. 

What I want to do is to make the two new disks a RAID 1 array, leave the SSD and 1TB drive as single non-RAID drives.  Any ideas?  Thanks.

Peteruk

Re: RAID after AHCI?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2010, 12:41:01 am »
Should of set to RAID from the start so your going to have to reinstall the OS or do a windows repair.