Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-Z97MX-Gaming 5 is killing my Ram

GA-Z97MX-Gaming 5 is killing my Ram
« on: December 21, 2015, 01:23:52 am »
I bought all the parts to build my PC a while ago but I finally got around to putting all my parts together only two weeks ago. I originally used Corsair XMS 16gb 1333mhz Ram but I was having issues with the PC crashing and eventually the PC wouldn't post at all then I pluged the ram into another computer and it was completely dead. I bought a Corsair Vengeance Pro 16gb 1600mhz Ram and the computer ran just fine for three days then it wouldn't post anymore. I plugged the Corsair Vengeance ram into another computer and it was completely dead. Why is my motherboard killing Ram?

Other information
CPU i7 4790K
PSU EVGA 800W
Grahpics intel hd 4600

mvegig

Re: GA-Z97MX-Gaming 5 is killing my Ram
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2015, 02:11:31 am »
I've never heard of this type of problem.  Memory is guaranteed for life typically by vendors. If you try another round, check the RAM voltage.  It normally autosets, so unless you deliberately raise it, this seems unlike to kill your RAM. Normally RAM wouldn't be harmed anyway; normally the machine will just not boot or it'll blue screen if the voltage is too high.  Try to check for any electric shorts where the motherboard under surfaces might touch a metal surface.