Official GIGABYTE Forum

ha ex58 udr3 newbie advice

ha ex58 udr3 newbie advice
« on: December 26, 2015, 07:38:08 am »
good morning guys and merry Xmas to you all.

I have just inherited a PC and honestly don't know where to start. it was given to me with some specs on a sheet of paper.

ga ex58 udr3 motherboard
i7 2.67ghz
geforce gtx 960 4gb jetstream
8gb ram
900bg HDD.

now it is all housed in a huge zoostorm case. I need a smaller, better looking case as its going to be part of my home theatre / gaming setup in the lounge. any suggestions? don't want to spend more than 50 quid.

secondly, is this setup actually anygood. I am a total novice. I want to make the leap from ps4 gaming and eventually get rid of the console.

thanks for reading

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: ha ex58 udr3 newbie advice
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2015, 08:11:00 am »
Hi and welcome,

If you check this link: http://www.scan.co.uk/shop/computer-hardware/all/cases/performance-cases you should be able to find a suitable chassis for your PC. If you do not see anything that you like then you need to look for a case that will take an ATX motherboard. The size of case will also depend on the length of the Graphics card as some cases can make things a bit tight in that area.

A thing to remember is that, a smaller case will need to have good cooling to dissipate the heat that is generated from the CPU, GPU and other hardware installed. Overheating is a killer when it comes to PC's.

The basic system you have inherited first came onto the market back in late 2008 early 2009 so it is quite old as far as CPU/motherboard tech goes but, in its day, was something that a lot of users aspired to and was pretty much top of the range. If everything is working fine then it will still be a pretty good PC.

The graphics card is a current model and should handle gaming pretty well.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

Re: ha ex58 udr3 newbie advice
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2015, 08:44:27 am »
Cheers for the reply, some great info there. Thanks.