Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 - GSATA3 Not recognized.

GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 - GSATA3 Not recognized.
« on: December 28, 2015, 07:15:38 am »
My GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 GSATA3 ports are not being recognized by my OS (OS X 10.11.2). I have both ports connected with harddrives that I have verified work. I've even changed the SATA cables.

They work previously under Windows 7. All I did to the BIOS was Optimized Defaults and change the harddrive type from IDE to ACHI when I setup Mac El Capitan on the same computer.

Is there a BIOS setting that needs changing to make GSATA3 ports work?

Also, on the back there are two USB 3.0 ports. Can they be used as 2.0 ports?

Any help is appreciated.

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 - GSATA3 Not recognized.
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2015, 08:06:21 am »
Hi there,

The USB3.0 ports should be backwards compatible so can be used for USB 2.0 devices.

That said, you may have issues, as you are with the GSATA ports, because of the fact that you are running Mac OS and the necessary drivers might be missing.

If you haven't already done so visit this site: http://www.tonymacx86.com/ which has a lot of information about running a Hackintosh and users over there might be able to offer you more help if the problem is software related, which I suspect it is, as everything worked when you were running Windows 7.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.