Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-78LMT-S2 won't boot with two sticks of ram

GA-78LMT-S2 won't boot with two sticks of ram
« on: December 20, 2015, 07:29:50 pm »
My PC was working fine until I moved it to another room. Now it will only boot with Ram in DDR3_1 socket. I have ADATA Ram, AD3U1333W4G9-B DDR3 1333(9) 4GX8 U-DIMM. I had to replace the processor since I broke off a pin trying to remove the fan. The damaged processor was AMD FX-4300. The processor is now AMD Athlon II X4 600e. I have Bios ver 5. The motherboard is GA-78LMT-S2. Both sticks of Ram work fine in DDR3_1 socket, but when I populate DDR3_2 socket with either stick, the computer does not even produce a video signal. I have reseated the Ram sticks repeatedly with the same result. I have tested it using both the onboard video and my PCIE video card with the same results. I am running Windows 7 when it boots up. Is this a damaged motherboard or is there some setting in BIOS that is off? I have tried the default BIOS and the fail-safe BIOS, and tried resetting the CMOS.

daniel15092

• When things don't work. Tea & Biscuits.
Re: GA-78LMT-S2 won't boot with two sticks of ram
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2015, 11:57:05 am »
Check for any dust on the inside of the RAM Slots, any tiny bit of dust will prevent the contacts from touching. Also, Try putting the stick in that stops it booting, then take out the working one, see if it boots.