Official GIGABYTE Forum

X58 UDR3 non booting

PvL

X58 UDR3 non booting
« on: January 06, 2016, 09:31:55 pm »
Hi all.
Really hope this is the right place to place my issue.
I have a system for about 3 or 4 years now with a X58 UDR3 motherboard (2nd gen i7).
About half a year ago it didn't boot past the Gigabyte screen. After some googling I replaced the cmos battery, cleared the cmos and that actually solved the issue. Since then I have had this issue (about once a month) and I just re-seated the battery, cleared the cmos, entered the date again and hop, windows loaded again. Till now.....
PC starts up into the Gigabyte screen. When I reseat the cmos battery, I can get into the bios options, change the date (as I used to), but when saving/exit this, the PC starts up again but again gets stuck on the Gigabyte screen. In this second time, no option can get accessed. (And of course it doesn't fire up into windows).
Any chance how to get it up and running again? Dont really want to lose my hard drive contents :'(
All help is appreciated!

System: Gigabyte X58 UDR3 / Intel i7 720 / 12Gb Corsair DDR3 / 1Gb ATI Radeon (5850?) gfx card /  Tagan 1100 Psu / Samsung Evo SSD / Kingston SSD / WD 1Tb HDD etc

dmdilks

• "If it isn't broke don't fix it"
    • http://dmdcomputerservice.webs.com/
Re: X58 UDR3 non booting
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2016, 10:23:33 pm »
The only thing I could say is clean the battery holder. But it should still boot to the bios with the battery in. Even if it is dead. I had one almost like yours. Mine would do the same get to the bios screen. I replace the battery too.

The bios I think went bad. It was fine if I left it on. But as soon as I shut it down and unplug it. The cmos would be back to Square one not keeping any thing in memory.
X299X Aorus Master, i9-9940x-3.30Ghz, 64gb G-Skill DDR4-2400, MSI RTX-3070 8GB, Cooler Master case, Thermal-take PSU 850w, 1-M2-NMVe SSD-512gb, 3-Pny 1TB SSD, 2-WD Raptors 1TB, Win 10 pro 64bit, Asus 35" 144Mhz Monitor.