Official GIGABYTE Forum

Audio issues with Gaming 3 Z97

Audio issues with Gaming 3 Z97
« on: January 12, 2016, 02:42:42 am »
It will not play nice with my Turtlebeach PX3.

For whatever reason the Board has two sound devices on it with two septate Drivers, when using VoIP like Skype (and other things) often either the mic will not work and i get no sound, or the mic will work but the sound if very high and sound controls don't do anything.

It seems to be a conflict with having two sound devices on the board, when using VoIP it doesn't know which one to use, i know the Headset does not work with the Creative audio device because its USB, but i get the feeling it still tries to use it and thats where the troubles start.

After a lot of messing about starting and restarting VoIP apps it works eventually, often once i have it working i found the the creative drivers have crashed by that time.

This really needs fixing as using VoIP on this board right now is a massive hassle, This "Gaming" motherboard is certainly not one i would recommend to gamers.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 04:10:00 am by intrepid3d »

dmdilks

• "If it isn't broke don't fix it"
    • http://dmdcomputerservice.webs.com/
Re: Audio issues with Gaming 3 Z97
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2016, 04:06:39 am »
I have the same problem with my USB headset. You have to make the headset the default speakers. Right on the speaker on the toolbar. Set the playback device to the headset and the volume control to the headset.

Reboot and see if the headset works. My headset will not show up in the Realtek manager. I fight with my headset all the time. I have the Logitech G930 headset. Did you install the Realtek audio driver first before installing creative driver.
X299X Aorus Master, i9-9940x-3.30Ghz, 64gb G-Skill DDR4-2400, MSI RTX-3070 8GB, Cooler Master case, Thermal-take PSU 850w, 1-M2-NMVe SSD-512gb, 3-Pny 1TB SSD, 2-WD Raptors 1TB, Win 10 pro 64bit, Asus 35" 144Mhz Monitor.