Official GIGABYTE Forum

Now that we have more Thunderbolt 3 mobos...

Now that we have more Thunderbolt 3 mobos...
« on: November 14, 2015, 03:32:14 pm »
Can someone please explain to me any objective differences?

I am glad I held off on buying the UD5 TH since apparently the Gaming 7 and GT also have Thunderbolt 3 now. However, looking through the spec sheets, I am having a hard time seeing what exactly is different between the three.

I did notice that the UD5 only has USB C ports for thunderbolt, where as the other 2 have 1 USB C and 1 USB A. It appears also that the Gaming line has two M.2 slots to the UD5's one. Two gigabit controllers as well on the gaming line.

Am I missing anything else? As it stands the Gaming 7 appears to have more functionality at the same price as the UD5. I dont even see how the Gaming 7 differs from the GT

joevt

Re: Now that we have more Thunderbolt 3 mobos...
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2016, 11:24:03 am »
I believe the USB A port is only USB 3.1, and only the USB C port has Thunderbolt.

So the UD5 TH can support up to 12 thunderbolt devices and the Gaming 7 can only support 6 but uses the PCIe lanes for a second M.2 slot.

To compare the GT and Gaming 7, click the Add to Comparison List check box for one, click Compare Now, copy and paste to a text editor, then do the same for the other into a new window in the text editor, then do a compare. The GT has 2 op amps, 2 AGC switches, 2 BIOS switches, and the Gaming 7 only has one of each.