Official GIGABYTE Forum

new GA-B85M-HD3 problem with ocz vertex 2 90gb

new GA-B85M-HD3 problem with ocz vertex 2 90gb
« on: January 24, 2016, 03:43:45 pm »
hello i recently bought a new pc. i bought GA-B85M-HD3 and a n intel processor INTEL PENTIUM DUAL CORE G3258 3.20GHZ LGA1150. i also bought RAM KINGSTON HX318C10F/4 4GB DDR3 1866MHZ HYPERX FURY BLUE SERIES. I connected my 2 years old ssd ocz vertex ii 90gb sata 2. I can;t really understand what is the problem but as i see the bios starts and sometimes it can see the ssd and sometimes not. i tried to install windows 7 32b and with a bootable usb and with dvd rom and they couldnt find a hard drive to install the windows. After 4- 5 times that i tried somehow found the ssd and i installed windows 7. but everytime i power on the pc or restart sometimes windows starts some other times the pc starts and when is loading the windows i see a blue screen for 1 second and it restarts with windows asking me if i want to repair or start normally. When i use windows i have no problem and i can use it for a lot of hours without problems. so i can say that there is no problem with ram.  Bios settings i think that are ok as they are set to othe os and seems everything ok. some other times when i power on the pc  i see the gigabyte logo freezes and the pc restarts. Does anyone can help me cause i have builted alot of pcs and never had a problem like this one.  :(

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: new GA-B85M-HD3 problem with ocz vertex 2 90gb
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2016, 04:48:47 pm »
Hi there,

the most likely cause is the OCZ SSD. I had a similar problem and learnt that there is an issue with some SSD drives and the Intel Chipsets. I replaced the OCZ Vertex SSD's that I was using and have had no issues since.

You can try to update the OCZ firmware but there is no guarantee that the drive will work properly even after that.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2016, 06:44:29 am »
Thanks i will give a try to another ssd i have a samsung evo i got to another pc. I hope it ll work.  :) maybe you are right cos i also found this from the official ocz sit:

Why doesn’t my Vertex 2/Vertex LE/Agility 2 SSD work on Intel 8-series or later chipsets?

There is a known compatibility issue with 1st generation SandForce based SSDs and Intel 8-series (and newer) chipsets. These drives were designed long before the Haswell platform specifications became available thus it was not possible to insure compatibility with this future platform at the time. Unfortunately, OCZ is unable to provide a solution for this problem.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 08:59:14 am by Resentful »

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2016, 02:50:44 pm »
You are right. The problem was the compatibility of the ocz vecrtex with the motherboard. I used a samsung evo850 and everything works great. Thanks again.