Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-970A-US3P - So what am I missing here?

Qaissi

GA-970A-US3P - So what am I missing here?
« on: March 31, 2016, 03:00:00 pm »
So I got this motherboard a while ago and just handled the issues as they came up on a daily basis.  Let me try to explain. 

My computer is little unusual setup.  It has Ubuntu 15.10, Windows Vista, 7, 8.1, and 10 on it all on separate hard drives booting from Grub.  All that is not an issue.  It contains a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 video card - again no problem.  8 Gigs of memory on a single chip - no problem.

The problem seems too damned simple.  All windows times (resulting because of the BIOS time) are always exactly 5 hours behind time when I turn my computer on.  Ubuntu synchs to the right time when it starts so there is no way to see the problem there. 

Now when I first put the board together with all the OS's this was a minor issue, just figured the battery that came with it was garbage and dealt with it as needed in the OS.  My issue is that the BIOS seems to allow me to change the time.  It says I am the Admin.  It holds the time after resetting it in the BIOS until the next time it is powered off. 

I have replaced the battery with 6 different batteries over the course of a couple months.  But every time the power is disconnected and reconnected or the pc is simply turned of and restarted the BIOS time is off by exactly 5 hours regardless of the amount of time the pc is turned off.  The Date is always correct however.

All of the other settings in the BIOS seem to hold OK.

My second issue is with the onboard NIC.

In all OS's I get very random disconnects. So I tried to disable the onboard NIC and all OS's still connect to it making it difficult to put a PCI NIC in it.

I have used @Bios to Update the BIOS from whatever it was when I got it (sorry but I have done this so often I do not remember the original version) to the BIOS version date 26/02/2016.  So none of the BIOS versions between the original version and the current version solved the problems.

So I am hoping I missing something remarkably simple and stupid.  Any thoughts?