Official GIGABYTE Forum

Cant Access Bios (Black Screen)

Cant Access Bios (Black Screen)
« on: March 01, 2016, 10:29:02 am »
I had to look up how to even get into the bios, I read that I tap the DELETE button. Once I do that I get a black screen. I see my mouse but it has no functionality. Everything else just black. I have a gigabyte B75M-D3H board. Only real reason I have to go into the bios is too look an see why my 3.0 Usb ports run at 2.0 speeds (19MB at best) I tried 4 different Usb 3.0 Thumb drives and all of them I get the same thing. Tried all the 3.0 ports and still same thing. I thought maybe there might be an option in the bios to correct this. Also I'm using a wireless keyboard and mouse. I unplugged every other USB besides the one my keyboard needs to op. and still nothing. Any clue on how to get into my bios, Or correct my 3.0 ports? additionally I have the latest bios update of  F15

dmdilks

• "If it isn't broke don't fix it"
    • http://dmdcomputerservice.webs.com/
Re: Cant Access Bios (Black Screen)
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2016, 01:07:10 pm »
By any chance you are running windows 10. If you are we have see a lot of this on different boards. It has a lot to do with windows 10 driver. Get yourself a old Ps2 keyboard. Plus if you have the keyboard plug into the USB 3 ports it will not work in dos.
X299X Aorus Master, i9-9940x-3.30Ghz, 64gb G-Skill DDR4-2400, MSI RTX-3070 8GB, Cooler Master case, Thermal-take PSU 850w, 1-M2-NMVe SSD-512gb, 3-Pny 1TB SSD, 2-WD Raptors 1TB, Win 10 pro 64bit, Asus 35" 144Mhz Monitor.

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2016, 05:09:19 am »
Yes I am running Windows 10. And would a PS2 board get me into the Bios? Also I have tried putting me Keyboard responder in different USB ports and still same thing. but would that cause the screen to go black. its like it gets to the bios but its all black and I see nothing. Also is there a way to fix the Usb ports without going into the bios?

dmdilks

• "If it isn't broke don't fix it"
    • http://dmdcomputerservice.webs.com/
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2016, 12:45:09 pm »
I don't know if this is the same problem that the X99 are having. That if disconnect the SSD & HHD's than you might be able to get into the bios. Yes the Ps2 should help.
X299X Aorus Master, i9-9940x-3.30Ghz, 64gb G-Skill DDR4-2400, MSI RTX-3070 8GB, Cooler Master case, Thermal-take PSU 850w, 1-M2-NMVe SSD-512gb, 3-Pny 1TB SSD, 2-WD Raptors 1TB, Win 10 pro 64bit, Asus 35" 144Mhz Monitor.

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2016, 09:50:48 am »
I got this from Gigabyte.

"Thank you for your kindly mail and inquiry. If the BIOS screen is black screen, because several possibilities might cause the problems, such as something wrong with attached hardwares and other peripherals. We suggest that you could try to test under a simple test by remove such as add-on cards, devices from motherboard, only install CPU, single memory, single HDD, VGA card and power (simple environment), and make sure the components on the motherboard are installed properly.

Then, if possible, please use other keyboard or mouse and try again.

Please understand that this motherboard was manufactured and released before Windows 10 ready in the market and chipset venders do not release Windows 10 driver for this model. If you find any problem running Windows 10, please revert back to those operating system verified to support, for example: Windows 8/7/XP

If you want to receive best Windows 10 experience, you may consider those models verified to support Windows 10 (click here for detail)."

Regards,
GIGABYTE

I don't really care about getting into the bios at this time. My main concern is just fixing my 3.0 Ports to actually run at 3.0 speeds and not at 19mb