Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-x99 Designare EX (v1.0) IT8620E Super I/O controller Strange Readings

I am curious to know if anyone in this forum has tried 3rd party monitoring software that reveals "All" Sensors on the GA-x99 Designare EX?  I am getting "Strange" readings when using HWM, HWinfo, or SIV-RH Software (not Gigabyte SIV App). I have attached a screen shot showing negative values I am receiving from IT8620E controller.  Gigabyte support seemed to disregard my explanation due to "3rd Party" software.  Trouble with that response is Gigabyte SIV App is nothing more than a "Smart Fan" controlling software with very little monitoring abilities. Anyone having this same issue, I would be happy to hear a response or explanation as to why the "Negative" values are being produced and "Ghost" fans are being monitored?  BIOS versions F2,F3, and current F4b reveal the same results.
Thank You.

dmdilks

• "If it isn't broke don't fix it"
    • http://dmdcomputerservice.webs.com/
It could just be the software itself. On the negative reading it could just be how the software is setup. That might be there like for fool proof setting. Some people do try to do stupid things with their computers. On the fans that could just be issue on it how it reads the plugs till you plug a fan in.

Other then that I don't know what to say. I use to use 3rd software at one time. But that crap can make you go crazy some times on how it reads things.  ;D
X299X Aorus Master, i9-9940x-3.30Ghz, 64gb G-Skill DDR4-2400, MSI RTX-3070 8GB, Cooler Master case, Thermal-take PSU 850w, 1-M2-NMVe SSD-512gb, 3-Pny 1TB SSD, 2-WD Raptors 1TB, Win 10 pro 64bit, Asus 35" 144Mhz Monitor.

It could just be the software itself.

When I see posts such as this that fail to recognise that three different 3rd party utilities all report the same information I feel they are ill considered. If it was just SIV then OK, but all three reporting the same incorrect information is unlikely unless there is a hardware issue.

I feel it would be far more helpful to go302lx if you checked what SIV reported for your Gigabyte X99-UD4P-CF system as that also uses the ITE IT8620E sensor chip. I suspect that no unexpected values will be reported as was the case in the attached. Note that you need to close down the Gigabyte utility before running 3rd party utilities as unlike HWM + HWiNFO +SIV it fails to use mutexes to interlock access to the motherboard sensors. I suspect in the past you failed to do this which is why things "went crazy".

It's also worth mentioning that only the readings from the ITE IT8620 are wonky and the ITE IT8733 readings are as expected.

Further the Gigabyte X99M-Gaming 5 has identical sensor chips to the Gigabyte X99-Designare EX-CF and below you can see SIV reports sensible information for the Gaming 5.

It would be good to know what happens with other Gigabyte X99-Designare EX-CF systems.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 05:59:10 pm by red-ray »

I am curious to know if anyone in this forum has tried 3rd party monitoring software that reveals "All" Sensors on the GA-x99 Designare EX?  I am getting "Strange" readings when using HWM, HWinfo, or SIV-RH Software (not Gigabyte SIV App). I have attached a screen shot showing negative values I am receiving from IT8620E controller.  Gigabyte support seemed to disregard my explanation due to "3rd Party" software.  Trouble with that response is Gigabyte SIV App is nothing more than a "Smart Fan" controlling software with very little monitoring abilities. Anyone having this same issue, I would be happy to hear a response or explanation as to why the "Negative" values are being produced and "Ghost" fans are being monitored?  BIOS versions F2,F3, and current F4b reveal the same results.
Thank You.

Just so there is no confusion as to what I have stated initially. I am posting screen shots of HWMonitor and HWiNFO results of the same/similar Strange Readings that my ITE IT8620E controller is producing.