Official GIGABYTE Forum

PC Crashing

PC Crashing
« on: April 20, 2016, 06:47:51 pm »
Hi all!!

I have recently got a new pc, and completed a fresh install of Windows 7 PRO. Unfortunately the computer did not come with the drivers CD, so I have downloaded all the drivers from the GIGABYTE Website and also used MSI Live Updater and Windows Updater to make sure everything is as it should be.

However since this nearly every time I shutdown or restart my PC it crashes at the Flash Screen (the bit where you can hit del for BIOS, F12 for Boot ect) The only way I can get past this is to unplug all my USB attachments (keyboard, mouse, ect)

I have made sure it isn't part of my boot up to select USB.

Does anyone have any advice on how I can solve this? Specs of my PC are as follows;

rocessor- Intel i5 4690k CPU (Unlocked for overclocking)

Cooling- water-cooled Hydro Series™ H100 Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler. With separate push button control for fan speeds.

Graphics Card; MSI Gaming GTX970 4 GB DDR5 RAM

Motherboard- Gigabyte G1 Gaming Sniper B6

Memory- 8 GB DDR3 RAM of Corsair VENGEANCE

Storage- 120 Gb SSD as well as 160Gb HDD and 500 Gb HDD

CD Drive- LG CH10LS20: Super Multi Blu-ray Combo Drive

PSU- Corsair Gaming series GS600 600W

Tower- Obsidian Series® 650D Mid-Tower Case
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 08:31:58 pm by UKScorpion88 »

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: PC Crashing
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2016, 07:05:00 pm »
Hi there,

Are you sure your CPU specs are correct?

If you are trying to run a 4690K on this motherboard, it is not supported. http://www.gigabyte.com/support-downloads/cpu-support-popup.aspx?pid=5526

Also the 4690K is socket 1150 whilst the motherboard is socket 1151 so I'm surprised it even fired up.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2016, 08:32:33 pm »
Hi sorry it is a B6 motherboard. I'm pretty certain that is the correct cpu I will check when I get back home later.

absic

• Bandcamp
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2016, 08:58:14 pm »
No problem.

Also, can you let us know what brand/model SSD & HDD's and what BIOS version is loaded on the motherboard you are using?

Thanks
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2016, 09:16:13 pm »
Hi.

The SSD is Samsung and I believe the Hard drive is Toshiba  the Bios is F3
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 09:17:04 pm by UKScorpion88 »

absic

• Bandcamp
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2016, 09:52:31 pm »
Ignore my earlier post with regard to CPU compatibility as it seems google clitched and sent me to the wrong motherboard, Ooops! (Sorry, that will teach me to double check before posting)

absic

• Bandcamp
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2016, 07:37:53 am »
Have you tried clearing CMOS and then loading optimized defaults in BIOS?

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2016, 10:31:02 pm »
Hi. After quite a bit of figuring out I reinstalled my OS to the  Hard Drive and not my Toshiba SSD q300 and everything is fine. So it got me to thinking,  I reinstalled then again my OS to my SSD and made sure it was top of the list for boot in Bios and yet again the problem started if a USB is attached my pc won't boot so it must be something to do with the SSD. Any advice!

absic

• Bandcamp
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2016, 06:53:27 am »
Have you looked on the Samsung website, to see if there is a Firmware update for the SSD?

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2016, 08:31:04 am »
Hi pal. I didn't but have done now and it hasn't sorted things. Only thing I can think of is as my mouse flashes different colours it requires power on start up. So maybe it I was drawing the power away from the SSD to boot,  and when I remove the mouse it sends the power back. Although I wouldn't know how to sort this? "

absic

• Bandcamp
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2016, 08:37:35 am »
Do you know the model number for your SSD?

It seems strange that the mouse needing power at startup could be the root of the problem but, being a computer, anything is possible. Obvious thing to try is a different mouse, to see if the issue is actually that or due to something else.

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2016, 08:40:17 am »
Yes the model is SQ300 HDTS712EZSTA

It's the 120gb

It's all very odd I agree