Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-X58A-UD3R (rev. 2) and USB 3.0

GA-X58A-UD3R (rev. 2) and USB 3.0
« on: July 01, 2016, 08:21:46 pm »
Hi,

I recently received my Oculus Rift and installed it into the only two blue USB 3.0 ports on my GA-X58A-UD3R (rev. 2.0). When the Rift software told me it was running sub-par on USB 2.0 I figured Windows 10 hadn't installed proper drivers, so I installed the USB 3.0 drivers from the Gigabyte site and restarted. I even replugged the cords, but still it reported USB 2.0.

What am I doing wrong? Why does the Rift software tell me I'm running on USB 2.0? Also, Windows 10 says I can get more speed by connecting it to a USB 3.0 port, but I have...

Also, I find no XHCI or EHCI options in my BIOS (running on the latest FH version) which I've seen other owners of this motherboard report having (although from 2012). Do I need this?

Re: GA-X58A-UD3R (rev. 2) and USB 3.0
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2016, 01:33:29 pm »
Never mind, I found my controller in this list of unsupported USB 3.0 controllers. Seems like Oculus Rift only works with mostly the Intel controllers, and not the novice NEC/Renesas controller on the UD3R, so I ordered the PCI-E USB 3.0 expansion card listed on this Reddit thread.

https://m.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/3zrtgs/psa_your_usb_30_ports_may_not_be_compatible_with/