Official GIGABYTE Forum

H170-N Wifi / Sometimes Bluetooth is unrecognized by Windows

My motherboard has an inconsistent problem (and a separate problem I added below): Sometimes Bluetooth will stop working altogether. I don't think it's a driver issue, as Windows's device manager and the Windows 10 Settings Device menu fails to even recognize that there's a Bluetooth component in the motherboard.

I Googled for possible explanations and I found some helpful advice in a forum (short the CMOS battery to reset the BIOS settings).

The problem is that I've done this 3 times now, having to unplug and open up my PC because my Bluetooth peripherals stopped working is irritating. Right now it's working fine, but I fear that it'll happen again at some point. I got a new PSU (the other one seemed to work just fine), so if that was the cause I'll find out soon enough.

I noticed that the Bluetooth function was lost after I had reset my PC via the case's reset button, but I could be wrong about that, it could be seemingly random. Either way, I hope someone can give me possible reasons for this.

(I flashed the bios just in-case. but I encountered a separate problem: When accessing Q-flash straight from the boot screen, the PC would turn off or restart automatically before I could access my USB drive. I had to access Q-flash through the bios menu---then it flashed without a problem. What a headache.)

shadowsports

• Xbox One, Drives STI, Use QVL RAM For Best Results
    • Gigabyte US
Re: H170-N Wifi / Sometimes Bluetooth is unrecognized by Windows
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2016, 04:58:04 pm »
One thing you've forgot to tell us is what OS you are running?
Z390 AORUS PRO (F10) \850w, 9900K, 32GB GSkill TriZ RGB - 16-18-18-38, RTX 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra, 960 Pro_m.2, W11
Z370-HD3P (F5) \750w, 8350K, 8GB LPX 3200 - 16-18-18-38, GTX 970 FTW SC, Intel SSD, 2TB RAID1, W11
Z97X-UD5H \850w, 4790K, 32GB Vengeance, RTX 2080 FTW

Re: H170-N Wifi / Sometimes Bluetooth is unrecognized by Windows
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2016, 11:00:05 pm »
Hello, I mentioned it on the second line. I'm using Windows 10.

Thanks! (As I mentioned above, I did everything I could with drivers, I don't think drivers are the problem.)