Official GIGABYTE Forum

New Server Motherboard MD80-TM0 No Beep From Speaker & No Video

I am putting together a new server workstation.

I purchased a Gigabyte MD80-TM0 server motherboard and I am not getting any beeps from speaker and no video so I am not sure if I did something wrong, or the CPUs or Mobo is DOA.

When I first turn on the PSU, the CPU fans start off at full blast, and then after 20 seconds roughly they turn down. I see lights blinking on the MOBO but that is it.

Here are the other items installed.

Dual Xeon E5-2630v4

Memory is 8 X 16gb all in blue memory slots for 4 channel and should be compatible since they came from Gigabytes list of memory that works with this Mobo.

Memory: Crucial 64GB Kit (16GBx4) DDR4 2133 (PC4-2133) DR x4 288-Pin Server Memory CT4K16G4RFD4213 / CT4C16G4RFD4213

PSU: Corsair HXi Series, HX1000i

I also have a m.2 SSD, and a 7200K HDD but i don't even have them installed yet since I cant even get past this part.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: New Server Motherboard MD80-TM0 No Beep From Speaker & No Video
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2016, 08:04:42 am »
This could be a BIOS issue.

Having checked the QVL for your motherboard and CPU you need BIOS R01 for the CPU's to be recognised properly. If the board shipped with the original F08 BIOS then this could be the problem.

Try updating the BIOS to see if this solves the problem.

Sorry, I can't help guide you through the BIOS update process on this motherboard as I have not come across this board before.

Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.