Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-Z68XP-UD3 (rev. 1.3) BIOS update

GA-Z68XP-UD3 (rev. 1.3) BIOS update
« on: November 17, 2016, 08:28:00 am »
Hi:

This is my board. She was always problematic since I purchased it. Two days ago I found all those problems where the so sounded japanese capacitors I paid so many dollars to last long. Well I just changed them and fixed most of the problems of the board. It was dead, one capacitor was even spitting white rust. I suppose is some aluminium oxide or something. I am writting from a windows 10 setup using it right now. Now it still contains the power issue it always had. It does restarts after I shut it down. So I have bios update F7. Now all the bios I download from the support website @bios tells me "Bios part number (Award) is not correct". When I try to download from any of the servers I just get F6 update (as I mentioned I have F7). Seems you don't care much about that and just left old BIOSes in your servers. Customer support for this boards are quite bad aside from the fact the boards are what I never got with ASUS. I mean they run fast but are buggy, not well supported and definitely don't last long. Can you please since we are already in this board fix all those issues?
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 09:55:08 am by waldoalvarez00 »

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: GA-Z68XP-UD3 (rev. 1.3) BIOS update
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2016, 08:55:49 am »
Hi,

If you go here: http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3978#bios you can download the latest BIOS for your motherboard, which is in fact F10.

I would not recommend using @BIOS for updating the BIOS. You should use QFlash which is much more reliable. If you are not sure how to use QFlash check the FAQ here: http://forum.giga-byte.co.uk/index.php?topic=2441.0

As for your other issues, this is a user to user forum and whilst I sympathise with the problems you are facing, there is not much that anyone here can do to resolve them for you.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2016, 09:52:44 am »
Hi:

Thanks a lot. I will try with Qflash and see what happens. It is working pretty stable now, putting away that seems one of the memory PCBs got damaged as with it or with both the diagnosis card gives me a code E0 and it just reboots. Sometimes even when doing memory presence test reboots. Doens't looks like the memory buck converter has a capacitor damaged as with the other memory module is pretty stable. They are gskill at 1600 MHz. I am gonna try the heatgun and see if that fixes the module. Maybe is just a cold solder. If it doesn't I will try replacing some more capacitors. I wasn't aware this was a user to user forum. I think they should do some checking from time to time to improve their customer support cause doens't looks good at all. This board has always being a nightmare for me to be honest. It is fast however. Thanks again for your help.

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2016, 05:55:52 pm »
SO no it says something similar for all the BIOSes. F8 F9 and F10. Invalid file or something like that. Could it be my BIOS in the Rom is somehow corrupted? I can't see any other option. MAybe some id got changed and this program compares some value against my ROM. Just guessing. If that the case is strange as some CRC should have failed.

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2016, 06:02:09 pm »
Are you sure you have the correct Model & Revision number of your motherboard?

Also, are you extracting the BIOS file(s) from the downloaded 7Zip folder, BEFORE attempting to update the BIOS?
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2016, 07:29:45 pm »
Ok my bad I was downloading for UD3 rev 1.3 instead of UD3P rev 1.3. Seems I have last update then as I have F7. Is not showing in the "download from server" at @bios however.

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2016, 02:53:15 am »
I fixed the RAM problem, was just dirt. I gave it a bath of isopropilic before jumping into removing the heatsink and heatgun. Gave it a test and worked fine. I guess the power again issue after shutdown will remain as there are no more bios updates. Very buggy this board.