Official GIGABYTE Forum

X58A-UD7 + razer = squeaking noise

kuben

X58A-UD7 + razer = squeaking noise
« on: April 25, 2010, 02:15:22 pm »
Hi i have strange problem
I can hear high pitch noise coming from my motherboard i localized it in left top corner and what is stranger when i change polling rate of my mouse to 1000hz or 500hz in razer settings after that whenever i move my mouse its the sound gets louder only 125 is safe setting but its squeaking louder.
And what ise even more stranger when the CPU is in high use (super pi, prime 95, some games) the noise is completly OFF.

dune2

Re: X58A-UD7 + razer = squeaking noise
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 10:11:24 am »
I have encountered a similar problem with my UD7 and a Logitech G7 mouse. I got capacitator squealing when I moved the mouse and it one point it even picked up on SSD access and made a noise every time the drive was accessed. I minimised the noise by rerouting some of the power cables (but it was rather random). If you don't get the problem under load, you can try to see if increasing the bclk on the motherboard helps you out. If you don't want to OC the CPU, just lower the multiplier accordingly.

oggmonster

• I can see Russia from my house
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2010, 02:36:40 pm »
I had the same problem on My Asus P35 board and on my current Gigabyte P45 board.My mouse is a Razer copperhead.

Don't think its anything to worry about, I gave up caring and now just have my speakers extra loud ;)
There's no place like ::1

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2010, 08:01:23 pm »
My x58 UD3 had the same problem with the same mouse, try putting the mouse on the bottom row of usb ports, that resolved it for me.