Official GIGABYTE Forum

Strange Issue with HDMI - Integrated and Dedicated Graphics

Strange Issue with HDMI - Integrated and Dedicated Graphics
« on: December 18, 2016, 08:33:32 pm »
Hi all,

First off, nice to meet you all. This is my first post :)

As a last ditch effort, I thought i'd try and post here... in the hopes someone has an answer.

I have the following specs:

Motherboard: ga-z77x-ud5h
Intel Processor: I3770k
Memory: Kingston 16GB
Integrated Graphics: Gigabyte GTX960

Essentially, I cannot get the HDMI to work on either dedicated or the Integrated graphics. It did work for about 4 months, then it seems to have just well... stopped. I get a blank screen. I have tried the following to resolve this:

Changed Cable.
Changed the Settings in the BIOS e.g. moving to PEG and disabling the integrated.
I did try it on a 2nd monitor.
Reseated the GPU, CPU, Memory.
Removed Memory and moved to other slots.
Tired on an alternative PCI-E
Check the PSU with my checker - 800w. Seems fine. Tried it on a spare.
Tried using the Onboard Integrated Graphics HMDI... no dice.
Reset the CMOS.
Upgraded the BIOS.
Disconnected component by component.
Tried to find the GPU in the Bios... strange, I can't see it all.
Tried it on the TV, seemed to work. Not tried it since, but I think it is unlikely 2 monitors and 3 cables would be faulty.

The only input I seem to be able to achieve is on VGA and I honestly don't know what else to do. This is rather disappointing as this is the second Gigabyte Board that seems to have failed just past the warranty period. I think there may be some controller that has went faulty. I did assume the PCI-E Slot went, but I don't think that's why it would fail on the other ones.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated... as I'd prefer not to buy a new rig as it is increasingly difficult to get decent, high quality, replacement boards.

Ironically I work for an IT company and asked some of our engineers who think it is just plain weird.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 08:37:59 pm by Tripspace »

Re: Strange Issue with HDMI - Integrated and Dedicated Graphics
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2016, 09:23:53 pm »
Can anyone help?  :'(

dmdilks

• "If it isn't broke don't fix it"
    • http://dmdcomputerservice.webs.com/
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2016, 10:28:18 pm »
Look on page 56 and start there you can change to on-board graphics to boot first. It will be under Peripherals in the bios.
X299X Aorus Master, i9-9940x-3.30Ghz, 64gb G-Skill DDR4-2400, MSI RTX-3070 8GB, Cooler Master case, Thermal-take PSU 850w, 1-M2-NMVe SSD-512gb, 3-Pny 1TB SSD, 2-WD Raptors 1TB, Win 10 pro 64bit, Asus 35" 144Mhz Monitor.

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2016, 05:00:27 pm »
First thing I tried... as per the above. No luck.