Official GIGABYTE Forum

Gaming 7 Motherboard Beeping

Gaming 7 Motherboard Beeping
« on: February 09, 2017, 06:43:30 pm »
Hello all. I have a Gigabyte Gaming 7 motherboard: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128835

And my CPU is an Intel 6700K: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819117559&cm_re=intel_6700k-_-19-117-559-_-Product

Anyways, my motherboard has been beeping at seemingly random intervals while running for the last few weeks. But I built this PC over a month ago, so its strange that it chose to make sounds all of a sudden even though nothing has changed.

I looked up the beep codes for my mobo, but it doesnt seem to help because the beeps are so random. 1 beep, 2 beeps, 3 beeps, 5 beeps, 9 beeps, 11 beeps. It has no consistency. Or so I thought.

I believe I have narrowed it down to one related issue: CPU. But no, its not overheating, at max load the highest it went was 73C (I know not ideal but within acceptable parameters). I had my bios voltage set to default, which was 1.275v. But I was told it should be at 1.200v, so I lowered it to that in the BIOS. And my temps went down to 58C at max loads! Quite a difference. Also set my mind at ease that maybe my cooler or paste were malfunctioning.

Anyways, I tell you this because my beeps seemed to be random at times, but the main constant? When my voltage/temps of the CPU spiked or throttled. Every time I opened a graphically intensive game, I would get beeps almost non stop, at random numbers as I previously stated. When I made that initial change from 1.275v to 1.2000v, I tested it with a game and I heard no beeps at all (I thought I had fixed my issue). But then the next time I open the very same game, after a few minutes sure enough I had a set of beeps again. And I had HWMonitror open and it says my VID was going as high as 1.384v.

I am fairly certain the beeps are related to increased voltage, but I dont know WHY that would make it beep. Isn't 1.384 under heavy load acceptable? Also why is my voltage going that high if I set it to 1.200v? I am not experienced with voltages and overclocking and I just want a stable, un-overclocked CPU (I know I bought an unlocked one).

So either I need to fix the voltage to satisfy my mobo, or perhaps somehow I can disable the beeping, or even perhaps its a false beep and means nothing, as everything seems to look okay; Ive heard mobos can do such things.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 06:45:09 pm by Krackerjax »

dmdilks

• "If it isn't broke don't fix it"
    • http://dmdcomputerservice.webs.com/
Re: Gaming 7 Motherboard Beeping
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2017, 07:24:17 pm »
Disable turbo for the CPU in the bios and see what happens.

Intel(R) Turbo Boost Technology (Note)
Allows you to determine whether to enable the Intel CPU Turbo Boost technology. Auto lets the BIOS
automatically configure this setting. (Default: Auto)

Plus on the paste you really only need a little. The paste is only there to fill in the cracks on the metal. If you have to much it might not let the two metals to touch. Your CPU at Idle should be at about 30c or below.

One other thing have you done any bios updates? If you have did you clear the cmos or pull the battery after you did it. Then set it to default settings.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 07:24:58 pm by dmdilks »
X299X Aorus Master, i9-9940x-3.30Ghz, 64gb G-Skill DDR4-2400, MSI RTX-3070 8GB, Cooler Master case, Thermal-take PSU 850w, 1-M2-NMVe SSD-512gb, 3-Pny 1TB SSD, 2-WD Raptors 1TB, Win 10 pro 64bit, Asus 35" 144Mhz Monitor.

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2017, 07:56:28 pm »
Disable turbo for the CPU in the bios and see what happens.

Intel(R) Turbo Boost Technology (Note)
Allows you to determine whether to enable the Intel CPU Turbo Boost technology. Auto lets the BIOS
automatically configure this setting. (Default: Auto)

Plus on the paste you really only need a little. The paste is only there to fill in the cracks on the metal. If you have to much it might not let the two metals to touch. Your CPU at Idle should be at about 30c or below.

One other thing have you done any bios updates? If you have did you clear the cmos or pull the battery after you did it. Then set it to default settings.

Hi, thanks for the reply.

What a coincidence, as I just rebooted my PC after disabling my turbo for the CPU. None of my startup programs opened on startup though, that was odd.

Anyway my idle is around 30. Well, 3 of the 4 cores are; one likes to hang out around 35 for some reason. Im content with my temps.

And finally, no I have not updated my bios since I got the mobo. It is at version F8.

I just tested it again under load. My temps are better than ever, not going above 48C. But after around 5 minutes of play time the beeps returned. Even though according to HWMonitor my VID never went above 0.868V. So temps and voltage are both down, but the beeps persist! Im so confused.

shadowsports

• Xbox One, Drives STI, Use QVL RAM For Best Results
    • Gigabyte US
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2017, 10:16:50 pm »
What about power?  Brand/model of your PSU?  Please give us full specs for your system.
Z390 AORUS PRO (F10) \850w, 9900K, 32GB GSkill TriZ RGB - 16-18-18-38, RTX 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra, 960 Pro_m.2, W11
Z370-HD3P (F5) \750w, 8350K, 8GB LPX 3200 - 16-18-18-38, GTX 970 FTW SC, Intel SSD, 2TB RAID1, W11
Z97X-UD5H \850w, 4790K, 32GB Vengeance, RTX 2080 FTW