Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-X58A-UD3R boot problems

GA-X58A-UD3R boot problems
« on: May 08, 2010, 01:14:49 pm »
Hi there guys, just built a new system around the GA-X58A-UD3R motherboard (i7 920, HD5770, 6gbOCZ Ram, 2x1tb HDD, Corsair H-50 cpu cooler) and now i've hit a few problems.

The system fails to boot after shutdown, it cycles to the gigabyte start screen then switches off and cycels again. To get the system to boot I have to unplug my Merc Stealth keyboard and power up my standard bluetooth keyboard, press f12 and manually select the boot drive. This happens at every restart.... ??? Is there a known conflict between the GA-X58A-UD3R and my keyboard?

Also, which is the best SATA port to plug the boot drive into? And which for the slave HDD and DVD-Rom?

I also seem to get the high-pitched whine from my case when running CPU intensive games (using it now and no noise apart from the fans, but if I load up WOW then the whining begins). Can live with the noise but is it going to unduly affect the hardware?

jaicigy

Re: GA-X58A-UD3R boot problems
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2010, 02:04:30 pm »
try loading OPTIMIZED DEFAULTS and connecting your keyboard, if it is USB, to a different USB port. Maybe also enabling USB Keyboard in BIOS.

The best SATA port for boot drive is always SATA-0 and the rest of the devices do not really matter, unless you have SATA-3 drives.
Should you have an SSD drive, install Windows having connected ONLY that SSD and after full install of Windows and shut down of system, connect the rest of the SATA hardware.

About the high-pitched whine, same problem here, disable C1E in BIOS and it is solved for now but no Energy Saver support then.

Good luck  :)
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 02:17:58 pm by jaicigy »

Re: GA-X58A-UD3R boot problems
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2010, 01:03:18 pm »
'Same' problem with my Razer Lachesis ... the system don't boot if I have plugged this USB mouse. Rare ...

About SATA3 drives, my WD1200FAEX don't boot with these ports ...

http://forum.giga-byte.co.uk/index.php/topic,1891.0.html