Official GIGABYTE Forum

GigaByte sound software not working

GigaByte sound software not working
« on: May 25, 2010, 07:59:40 pm »
I've got a Gigabyte GA-MA770-DS3 motherboard and it uses a built-in Realtek HD sound system.

The Audio manger I use in Windows XP Pro SP3 is Gigabyte's and it claims it is using Audio driver 5.10.0.5767 HD Audio.

Well I find in the Mixer tab I can't alter the 'Stereo Mix' in the Realtek HDA Primary input because there is no slider!

Indeed the Line Volume has no slider either!

Why is this Gigabye?

I assume its not a Realtek issue as the software is clearly labelled with the 'Gigabye technology' title.

I want to record some sound from a external mike I've plugged in and I find I can't get my Audacity software to record because the 'Stereo Mix' is broken or missing. Any idea why this is Gigabye?

I enclose a picture of the panel to demonstrate this.

bofh1971

Re: GigaByte sound software not working
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2010, 11:36:03 pm »
Check to see what other inputs are available from the drop down menu

also you have muted the mic on that screen.

you could try grabbing the latest drivers from Realtek www.realtek.com.tw

that will give you a new realtek software suite to control your audio inputs and outputs

Good luck
Gigabyte GA-790FXTA-UD5 (forum prize)
Phenom IIx4 965BE, 8GB Corsair 1333 Ram
2x750gb HDD's Raid0, Palit Geforce GTX570
Windows 7 Ultimate, Acer 24" P256H Monitor, Razer Salmosa Mouse,
Microsoft Sidewinder X4 Keybaord

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2010, 11:25:11 am »
Thanks for replying.

The other record inputs are 'Realtek Hd Digital input' which is the TOS input on the back of the computer (unused).

Yes, I don't use the Mike input on my computer, I use a large professional mike which has its own preamp and plugs into the Line input.

I'll have a look on the Realtek site. But surely the Gigabyte software should work?

Also Realtek say this:

"Audio drivers available for download from the Realtek website are general drivers for our audio ICs, and may not offer the customizations made by your system/motherboard manufacturer. To be sure you obtain the full features/customizations provided in your original audio product, please download the latest drivers from your system/motherboard manufacturer's website."

So they tell me to use the Gigabyte software.

Who is right?

« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 11:26:44 am by profquatermass »

bofh1971

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2010, 11:56:59 am »
I think they put that disclaimer on there for the vendors.
Gigabyte et al put their branding on the software, and can modify it for whatever reason

I have found (usually due to game stability issues) that I end up using the default realtek software
this comes with a multitude of options screens, along with sound effects and equaliser settings.

Gigabytes software is normally spot on, but is not updated as often as the reference drivers, which can be a necessity, especially with the frequent graphics driver updates out there that seem to affect how the audio system operates.

What I am saying is I dont have a preference for either, but I will use whichever one works best.
Gigabyte GA-790FXTA-UD5 (forum prize)
Phenom IIx4 965BE, 8GB Corsair 1333 Ram
2x750gb HDD's Raid0, Palit Geforce GTX570
Windows 7 Ultimate, Acer 24" P256H Monitor, Razer Salmosa Mouse,
Microsoft Sidewinder X4 Keybaord