Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-880GA-UD3H - unlock cores on Phenom II 555 BE

j5

Re: GA-880GA-UD3H - unlock cores on Phenom II 555 BE
« Reply #210 on: July 18, 2011, 05:08:38 am »
Well, I'm 0 for 3.
Just received my RMA 555BE, no cores unlocked.
That was my third CPU that did nothing. may as well go to F6 :)

« Reply #211 on: October 14, 2011, 08:08:28 pm »
    I bought a gigabyte GA-880GMA-UD2H, have a Phenom 550 Be which i used in triple core on asrock 780 and asus 785 . I would simply not unlock on this board. If they would restore manual core control it would be ok. I tried lowering multiplicator, more voltage no use. If they don't make a newer version of bios with manual core control i will return it and buy asus.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 09:05:39 pm by sniperul »

« Reply #212 on: October 15, 2011, 01:16:49 pm »
    Succesfully unlocked Athlon 435 from triple to quad today on Asrock a780gm-le/128m . It doesn't even start on gigabyte GA-880GMA-UD2H rev 2.1. Thankfully i can still return the board. I think i will get Msi instead.

« Reply #213 on: October 23, 2011, 05:46:02 pm »

Replaced the board with an Asus M5a88-M evo, unlocks without a hitch.

Gigabyte board has been sold on.

Dark Mantis

• 10typesofpeopleoneswhoknow binaryandoneswhodont
    • Dark Mantis
« Reply #214 on: October 23, 2011, 07:34:03 pm »
It is a shame that the company isn't addressing this shortfall as there are an awful lot of customers complaining about exactly this issue. I can't understand why Gigabyte isn't doing something about it as obviously it isn't the CPUs. Maybe more people beed to complain to GGTS and make them aware of this. The trouble is moaning on the forum is all well and good but it doesn't get the problem to the ears of the people who need to hear about it.

Just enter your email address and click on the language of choice.
GGTS   http://ggts.gigabyte.com/

Please expect several days for a reply.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 11:17:00 am by Dark Mantis »
Gigabyte X58A-UD7
i7 920
Dominators 1600 x6 12GB
6970 2GB
HX850
256GB SSD, Sam 1TB, WDB320GB
Blu-Ray
HAF 932

Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3
i7 3770K
Vengeance 1600 16GB
6950 2GB
HCP1200W
Revo Drive x2, 1.5TB WDB RAID0
16x DLRW
StrikeX S7
Full water cooling
3 x 27" Iiy

« Reply #215 on: October 25, 2011, 12:52:20 am »
Me        :''I just boought an GA-880GMA-UD2h motherboard. Before it i had an Asrock Amd 780, and Asus 785. Any of the 2 boards could unlock a third core of the Cpu. On the Asrock manualy, on Asus auto. I have been using it triple-core for almost 2 years. I have tried the auto setting on Gigabyte and the sistem doesn't start. I have updated the Bios version to F5. Couldn't u build a version of bios with acc and manual core control like on older boards? I've seen ACC on older boards in M.I.T. menu. If you will not build such a bios i have no alternative than to return the board to the shop an get an Asus board instead.''

Gigabyte: ''
Thank you for supporting GIGABYTE products. About the issue you mentioned, there are several possibilities to effect the result of CPU unlock, for example, CPU quality and process, etc. Therefore,we are not able to guarantee the result. If currently your CPU cannot unlock, then we will suggest you to test with other CPU and see how it works. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Besides, the ACC function in the BIOS is [CPU Unlock].''

Me
: '' I tried today with an Athlon 435 triple core . Both asus785 and asrock780 boards unlocked a 4th core stable and L3 cache(it has been used like this for over 1 yer), but GA-880GMA-UD2 refuses to start with [Cpu unlock] on. Both boards have more settings in acc, like Manual core control etc. What i cannot understand is why your newer and more expensive board has only 2 functions - Cpu unlock and Active core control. I have seen older gigabyte boards with a lot more functions.''

Gigabyte
: Thank you again for your kindly mail. About the issue you mention, kindly note that unlock result depends on your CPU quality. Therefore, you can take your own risk to unlock; however, the result is not guarantee. If you cannot receive the unlock result, please test with other CPU. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Besides, since different motherboards have different chipsets, the BIOS option are not the same either.

So if you buy more newer more expensive boards you receive less than a cheap older one. I returned it to the shop and wenk for Asrock 890FX Deluxe5. Asrock should give lessons on unlocking. Unlocked both Phenom 550 into triple core and Athlon 435 into Phenom quad core.

Dark Mantis

• 10typesofpeopleoneswhoknow binaryandoneswhodont
    • Dark Mantis
« Reply #216 on: October 25, 2011, 11:24:03 am »
As I am sure has been mentioned before in this thread I think it must be something to do with Gigabyte having the bar set a bit higher than some other motherboard manufacturers and hence the CPU doesn't unlock as it will on some other boards. I don't know if unlocking a chip that was of a lesser quality would have detrimental effects on the overall stability of the platform but I would have thought so. Maybe that is why Gigabyte takes this stance. :-\
Gigabyte X58A-UD7
i7 920
Dominators 1600 x6 12GB
6970 2GB
HX850
256GB SSD, Sam 1TB, WDB320GB
Blu-Ray
HAF 932

Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3
i7 3770K
Vengeance 1600 16GB
6950 2GB
HCP1200W
Revo Drive x2, 1.5TB WDB RAID0
16x DLRW
StrikeX S7
Full water cooling
3 x 27" Iiy

dieg0

« Reply #217 on: November 14, 2011, 08:16:11 am »
hello, long ago and did not speak at the forum, my experience hospital, I bought a udh3 880ga gigayte and phenom 2 555be, not to mention release or I get tired of sending messages to Gigabyte and all I got is tired of them and their bad faith when it comes to content and make their technologies work fraudulent release of nuclei (and only made to blame the mic that works wonders AMD) first in an Asus probe from a friend and unlock Asrock and then a release, the 880ga gigabyte sold, and bought an ASUS evo 880 with the same chip and unlock without hesitation and the first, my advice is buy one product k gives gigabyte not function like their technologies and there are good passing mark on something and they solve it, eg ASUS, OCZ, Corsair etc

« Reply #218 on: November 28, 2011, 08:53:54 am »
I believe that all answers that come from Gigabyte are generic, that there is not actual person that gave them. It is the only explenation that comes to my mind since I'v seen replyes to other people and in compare to mine they are exactly the same. Maybe this is the reason of lack of Gigabyte's reaction to problems with newer revisions of MB, I mean, how complicated it can be for them to publish new version of bios?
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 11:27:16 am by GladiatorYU »

« Reply #219 on: November 29, 2011, 04:12:32 pm »
This is what Gigabyte answered to me:
"Thank you again for your kindly mail and inquiry. About the issue you mentioned, since different motherboards have different BIOS design, the Advanced Core Calibration is same as CPU unlock. The CPU hide the core that may work not stable or have some problems. When you unlock the CPU, it may influence the CPU efficacy. Kindly note CPU unlock is sort of overclock that the result is not guaranteed. Besides, a lot of factors can effect the result of CPU unlock, ex: CPU quality. Therefore, CPU unlock is not a guarantee selection. Sorry for the inconvenience."

dieg0

« Reply #220 on: November 29, 2011, 06:37:17 pm »
I believe that all answers that come from Gigabyte are generic, that there is not actual person that gave them. It is the only explenation that comes to my mind since I'v seen replyes to other people and in compare to mine they are exactly the same. Maybe this is the reason of lack of Gigabyte's reaction to problems with newer revisions of MB, I mean, how complicated it can be for them to publish new version of bios?

Hello GladiatorYU ,  It's not difficult to make a bios to unlock, the problem is that when they make new products go from the above is what I demonstrated in my case gigabyte, and it is a shame! luckily my 880ga udh3 sold with a asus to unlock the first so do not tell stories of the quality of the 555 be, as I have mine unlocked by Asus with 1.4 to 4.2 for vcore and 45 degrees does not happen with Corsair H60 with two pull puss GT, so see if quality is poor my 55be! (that is sarcasm), the only bad thing was the programming of the gigabyte bios and do not know what Asus has done to unlock the 880, finally a shame! Another time put updates gigabyte 880ga udh3 compatible with AM3 + to paste sensor temperatures and for two days look out of curiosity and did not announce it supports a new bios (to give you the idea of programming gigabyte embarrassing) I do not buy anything gigabyte boards in my life are fresh and decent OC but if you have a problem or do not know or do not want to solve even worse.

« Reply #221 on: November 30, 2011, 09:41:16 am »
Yeah, I make crappy product and everybody else is guilty for it's bad performance exept me. That is basicly what gigabyte told me. I also think that I will never buy gigabyte's product again. Even worse is fact that they have real option to unlock extra cores in older revisions of this motherboards. I have 880gm-d2h rev. 4.0 and here is video on youtube where guy unlocked his cores with rev 1.0 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBNSlGxgLq4 And even worse thing is that they are still advertising those motherboards as "easy core unlockers". Shame on them.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 09:52:52 am by GladiatorYU »

dieg0

« Reply #222 on: November 30, 2011, 10:23:23 am »
Yeah, I make crappy product and everybody else is guilty for it's bad performance exept me. That is basicly what gigabyte told me. I also think that I will never buy gigabyte's product again. Even worse is fact that they have real option to unlock extra cores in older revisions of this motherboards. I have 880gm-d2h rev. 4.0 and here is video on youtube where guy unlocked his cores with rev 1.0 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBNSlGxgLq4 And even worse thing is that they are still advertising those motherboards as "easy core unlockers". Shame on them.

Yes, it is a shame and a scam! AMD me if I seriously cabrearia gigabyte, do nothing but say that their processors are of poor quality! In my case the problem is not had the 555be but the poor programming of the changes that it is responsible as the gigabyte is the assembly of the plate is not unlocked, once I get tired of sending emails to gigabyte and only gave me long to say that the 555 be of poor quality, the only thing that is of poor quality is their service and unlock system udh3 880ga and even telling them to unlock Asus smooth plate was to blame my 555be , you have to face harder gigabyte!

proxy

• Nuts.
« Reply #223 on: December 07, 2011, 02:37:57 am »
Dieg0 you are one bitter, angry man  ::).  If you're ever in Toronto, Canada or I'm ever in your part of Spain, I'll buy you a beer or cerveza.  You need to relax a bit, life's too short...and so am I from what the ladies tell me  ;D.

dieg0

« Reply #224 on: December 07, 2011, 08:13:32 am »
Dieg0 you are one bitter, angry man  ::).  If you're ever in Toronto, Canada or I'm ever in your part of Spain, I'll buy you a beer or cerveza.  You need to relax a bit, life's too short...and so am I from what the ladies tell me  ;D.

I bitter? jejeje, it goes! since sold the gigabyte board I am very happy! to you if you sell a car that meets your advertising has to offer you goats! as this is the same! and I'm not bitter, but if my experience is that people do not cheat, they do not hesitate to say what is gigabyte! and thanks for all the beer! but I took with my friends! , You ation in gigabyte?