Official GIGABYTE Forum

UD3R rev2.0 new build keeps rebooting Help!

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: UD3R rev2.0 new build keeps rebooting Help!
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2010, 10:51:24 am »
When you want to RMA an item the first port of call is the Retailer that you got the board from. They should cover you for the first 12 months. After that you deal directly with Gigabyte.

Hope this helps
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

Dark Mantis

• 10typesofpeopleoneswhoknow binaryandoneswhodont
    • Dark Mantis
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2010, 10:59:29 am »
tried some generic 2gb ddr 3 1333 and still the same problem. guess ill just have to send the board away. it cant be anything shorting with the case/board because when i take all the ram out/the 8pin cpu pwr connector the system stays on but with nothing displayed on the screen...

my question is do i have to go through the place i bought the board from to rma it? or can i send it direct to gigabyte?

Aabsic has said you can RMA the board with the retailer or try and get it going yourself. If you decide on the latter option I would fit a buzzer so that at least you can hear what beep codes are produced when it is POSTing.
Gigabyte X58A-UD7
i7 920
Dominators 1600 x6 12GB
6970 2GB
HX850
256GB SSD, Sam 1TB, WDB320GB
Blu-Ray
HAF 932

Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3
i7 3770K
Vengeance 1600 16GB
6950 2GB
HCP1200W
Revo Drive x2, 1.5TB WDB RAID0
16x DLRW
StrikeX S7
Full water cooling
3 x 27" Iiy

ABully

« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2010, 01:34:17 pm »
tried some generic 2gb ddr 3 1333 and still the same problem. guess ill just have to send the board away. it cant be anything shorting with the case/board because when i take all the ram out/the 8pin cpu pwr connector the system stays on but with nothing displayed on the screen...

my question is do i have to go through the place i bought the board from to rma it? or can i send it direct to gigabyte?

@kitto - Are you sure you have connected the CPU power connector to the motherboard??? Its a four pin or a eight pin ATX 12v from the PSU to be connected to the mobo just behind the IO ports next to the CPU fan connector....... i know i made this mistake and i know i have posted this on other forums too.......... the reason for the power recycles to happen is the CPU is not getting powered......... as simple as that............